Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Waffle, Match Report, MotM Poll & more waffle

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The simple answer is inexperience I think. Watching it back at it he looked off balance so lunged in as a last resort.

And if he (& his agent) stop to think about it, he is probably better off staying with us for the next season at least. Go to the Sly 6 or Spain and he will be on the bench most of the time.

Can anyone on here explain the 9 mins, yes I can see the VAR decisions, possibly 3 mins, the odd injury, but this idiotic situation where games are basically being fixed to ensure favoured teams win in stoppage time. There were more stoppages when we played Arsenal at home, yet we only got 4 mins added on, if we'd been drawing they would of added 7 mins rather than 4. Unless there has been a serious injury it should be no more than 6 mins at the most.

It was just a bad goal to give up. Why is Tarkowski so much deeper than the rest of the back line? Why does he pull out of the challenge on Isak? We'd started fairly strong as well which was the annoying thing.

Oh yeah, Branthwaite shouldn't have been in that position in the first place if the defensive unit had done its job properly.

But, for the social media clip fans, it looks Branthwaite made the error.

And if he (& his agent) stop to think about it, he is probably better off staying with us for the next season at least. Go to the Sly 6 or Spain and he will be on the bench most of the time.

Our financial situation will probably result in us having to offload him, even if he didn't want to leave.

That wasn't the final result I expected at half-time, but I'll take it.

The two VAR checks were bizzare. The offside decision was so obvious it was reported by the International Space Station, and the penalty was stone cold, but both were checked to destruction. The system isn't fit for purpose.

I went for Jordan Pickford as MoM, he stopped a rout while being barracked for the whole game. Thankfully DCL kept his cool for the penalty, that is one of his strengths.

I've just seen SDs press conference. Like him or loathe him, he does talk a good job lol

Pretty turgid first half. For all that Gueye runs around a lot, I do find that he leaves us exposed when he becomes too eager and I feel like we are less secure with him in the side - on and off the ball - against a higher level of opposition who are better at beating the press and then pressing themselves. Should save him for lower half opposition where we want to win possession higher and exert pressure in their half.

I don't think he was helped by Onana yesterday, or perhaps vice versa, who looked like a player who has one eye on a bigger and better paid job next year. Hope i'm wrong and he is still committed. Still oozes class on the ball but thought he could have done more yesterday and given us more control. I don't think you can separate him and Guimares for natural talent, for instance, but Guimares' performance, the desire to affect the game, was night and day.

Not sure how Young got 90 mins, was p useless. Otherwise I thought everyone else was ok, bang average. However the difference Garner made was clear, much greater hassle and energy, always showing for the ball and with purpose, and trying to affect the game with forward runs and passes,. Thought the level of the other midfielders and forward players jumped up with his introduction, most notably McNeill, who is at his best in those pockets in the inside channel and needs a brave and technical midfielder to pick him out. A little bit baffled why Garner didn't start with Onana, those two have been our best midfield combination all year. Gomes also a bit better quality on the ball, but flatters to deceive a little and still looks donkey off the ball.

Pickers MoM, without him we lose that 2 or 3 nil.