• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Newcastle Utd (and Viz)

We're about 3 weeks away from the annual Rainbow Laces campaign starting again, something the Premier League and all of its biggest partners have given their backing to over the last decade or so

A government that will kill and lock up members of the LGBTQA+ community owning a club goes against that and spits in the face of the work that has been done

But aye, it's sound because they'll buy big players and the Prems next media deal will go up. Despicable

I'm going to say if you're incapable of looking at anything with any degree of nuance then you probably don't have a very developed mind. Sorry Goat but this is just a completely ludicrous line of argument you're peddling.

And just to address the Trumpian whataboutism you're also trying to throw around no it isn't great that Usmanov seems to be at least somewhat involved in our club and no I don't like that sport is largely run by billionaire money men who profit off it more than anything but it is still not the same as a regime with massive human rights issues getting involved. That is just worse.
My mind isnt developed, im very stupid.

Y'all posting your outrage at this takeover on phones made in China, whilst supporting a team that is backed by the Russian state.

If your gonna take a moral stand, stop supporting regimes similar to the Saudis, stop buying oil.

But nar, you people only know how to show outrage when the people dont conform to your Western "morals".

Don't talk like one of them. You're not! Even if you'd like to be. To them, you're just a freak, like me! They need you right now, but when they don't, they'll cast you out, like a leper! You see, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these... these civilized people, they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve.​

mic-drop-gif-16.gif

Y'all posting your outrage at this takeover on phones made in China, whilst supporting a team that is backed by the Russian state.

If your gonna take a moral stand, stop supporting regimes similar to the Saudis, stop buying oil.

But nar, you people only know how to show outrage when the people dont conform to your Western "morals".

Don't talk like one of them. You're not! Even if you'd like to be. To them, you're just a freak, like me! They need you right now, but when they don't, they'll cast you out, like a leper! You see, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these... these civilized people, they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve.​

mic-drop-gif-16.gif

I am unaware of who this is.

We're about 3 weeks away from the annual Rainbow Laces campaign starting again, something the Premier League and all of its biggest partners have given their backing to over the last decade or so

A government that will kill and lock up members of the LGBTQA+ community owning a club goes against that and spits in the face of the work that has been done

But aye, it's sound because they'll buy big players and the Prems next media deal will go up. Despicable

The Saudi government and powers are a disgrace.

The same country which has only allowed women to drive three years ago, they’ve executed innocent people.

Homosexuality is banned. Women can’t leave their house with out a male.

Perfect message.

As a general rule the way that regime is cow-tailed to is pretty abysmal

Not just by football either

Boxing and Wrestling have both sold out for it also, as has the music business a lot of the time

Sadly this will just allow it more opportunities to gain legitimacy on the world stage

And yes, I know we've probably got shady folk involved in our club as well, so I shouldn't be getting on a soap box about it, but one doesn't negate the other IMO

You can be cognisant of that whilst still deploring this

The Saudi government and powers are a disgrace.

The same country which has only allowed women to drive three years ago, they’ve executed innocent people.

Homosexuality is banned. Women can’t leave their house with out a male.

Perfect message.
So does the fella have to go the shops with his mrs if she’s driving ?
Genuine question like..

There must be a few more clubs out there waiting for a Sultan or a corrupt East European government (or lackey) or a dubious Oligarch.. Azerbaijaston Villa?

But it is funny that Bruce is a dead man walking. He'll obviously hang around for the pay off - to think this is how they treat the workers before the Saudis take over. Perhaps Bruce ought to run as fast as he can otherwise he might be executed for writing some of the rubbish he calls literature.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back