• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Newcastle Utd (and Viz)

Y'all posting your outrage at this takeover on phones made in China, whilst supporting a team that is backed by the Russian state.

If your gonna take a moral stand, stop supporting regimes similar to the Saudis, stop buying oil.

But nar, you people only know how to show outrage when the people dont conform to your Western "morals".

Don't talk like one of them. You're not! Even if you'd like to be. To them, you're just a freak, like me! They need you right now, but when they don't, they'll cast you out, like a leper! You see, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these... these civilized people, they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve.​

mic-drop-gif-16.gif

do you even watch the E v? I’ve been doing so for some time now and if there was any state they could rarely be said to be in its rushin

So does the fella have to go the shops with his mrs if she’s driving ?
Genuine question like..

Yes.

I think even though it’s legal, there is still huge judgement if a woman drives.

Mental, it’s 2021, and only now are they slowly starting to see it any change because they realise it’s more money if they appeal to tourism.

Brilliant this. You questioning my pashun credentials lad? We haven’t won the league since 1987 and I’ve seen very little to suggest that will change anytime soon so I don’t know why anyone gives a flying one to be honest. We’re about 10 years behind a team like Chelsea who won’t even win the league this season.
If I let myself get angry at ever other clubs success, or potential, I’d be walking around kicking small dogs in the park.
Punt that daschund lad!

I may need help with this.

But why have a really really, could buy anything, fund thing buy Newcastle?

I can get the "PL is great" thing. But if their intention is to turn a good profit, they have bought a club in the foothills of the global football pyramid. Sportwashing? Maybe, but £300m out of £380B is 5p to most of us.

Buy low, sell high? Ok, can get that. But I still cant get how the maths work, if they reckon £300m plus say £500m on players, to get a bit closer to the actual elite, works.

Are we run by the Russian state? Given that we seem to fall for fake promises, enjoy being regaled by a leader with a showbusiness background, and have even recently made a key sale to the Gulf, I'd say we are run by the British state. I mean, nothing seems to go as planned and we're clearly in terminal decline after a glorious history. Heck, we don't even qualify for Europe anymore.

Last edited:

I can get the "PL is great" thing. But if their intention is to turn a good profit, they have bought a club in the foothills of the global football pyramid. Sportwashing? Maybe, but £300m out of £380B is 5p to most of us.

Buy low, sell high? Ok, can get that. But I still cant get how the maths work, if they reckon £300m plus say £500m on players, to get a bit closer to the actual elite, works.
They saw Goal.

Given who is involved I’d imagine the plan is to buy their way into the ESL so that they have a Saudi representative in that - buying this lot in order to compete in the PL makes not a lot of sense, they’ll just get robbed by every agent going and come up short against the more established clubs when it comes to winning things.

Leagues a far quicker, higher scoring game.

Union is about scrums, and field position, and more tactical. League is more enjoyable, quicker and overall not as Tory as Union.

That said, Super League quality over the last 6-7 years has been diabolical. It's so poorly organised, and run, it makes Kenwright look like Sheikh Mansour.
Suntan Bob raises an eyebrow and gives a who me? gesture.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back