News of Ex Players

Takes you back to 2020 doesn't it
markup_4bb7bf8b-2152-466d-9367-a5c9ae8656da.png

….Rooney gets his first win at Plymouth, they were poor against Sheff Wed at the weekend but I hope they have a decent season.
I don't hold out much hope tbh, not sure he's cut out for management from what I've seen since his first stint at Derby :( We'll see how he goes at Plymouth, but beating a team 2 leagues below is not moving the needle much. Hopefully it will be a boost and help their confidence for the league, but if he struggles there he could be done I fear.

I don't hold out much hope tbh, not sure he's cut out for management from what I've seen since his first stint at Derby :( We'll see how he goes at Plymouth, but beating a team 2 leagues below is not moving the needle much. Hopefully it will be a boost and help their confidence for the league, but if he struggles there he could be done I fear.
Very much the last chance saloon for Rooney. It’s strange, his writing on tactics , strategies etc is intelligent and very good , it belies the image people have on him . Maybe he struggles to put it across verbally, particularly when he needs to change tactics. I’ll watch his progress with interest and wish him well.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.