Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably would not be popular, but if we do drop into the bottom three and show little sign of getting out of it between now and Christmas, then Premier League survival becomes paramount and Sam Allardyce is the proven master of this. Short term appointment to stay up and use that time to totally re-assess.

I've said the same and it breaks my heart to do so, personally think it could end up being the only viable option. Sad times !!

Probably would not be popular, but if we do drop into the bottom three and show little sign of getting out of it between now and Christmas, then Premier League survival becomes paramount and Sam Allardyce is the proven master of this. Short term appointment to stay up and use that time to totally re-assess.
Which is why if we decide to replace Koeman , we should install an experienced manager who we see as a permanent appointment not flounder around appointing managers we don't fully trust ,because of lack of experience, followed by dull fire fighter appointments. That kind of serial managerial floundering in a season ,usually paves the way to failure and relegation. If we must, let's make our selection the correct one ,first time of asking. Time is still on our side, let's not panic ourselves into the championship.

Not popular as you say, but may be pragmatic. Allardyce is one of those characters that is easy to poke fun at, and appointing him would represent a bit of a kick in the teeth to Moshiri's talk of ambition, but as they say, if needs must, then needs be. It absolutely depends on how long the slump goes on for under Koeman, and what state we find ourselves in if and when he got the sack.

Hard to define how close is too close for comfort for relegation, but if we are having that conversation at Christmas, then it's an absolute full-blown crisis and no better than Allardyce in that scenario to get us out of it. I very much doubt he would sign a short-term contract though and wouldn't blame him either.

If he ever got the job, it would be under those circumstances I think, meaning we faced a genuine battle for survival. But I really can't countenance Koeman struggling on for more than a couple of weeks if we lose the next 2. I'm pretty sure that would mean Unsworth being asked to step up.

Not popular as you say, but may be pragmatic. Allardyce is one of those characters that is easy to poke fun at, and appointing him would represent a bit of a kick in the teeth to Moshiri's talk of ambition, but as they say, if needs must, then needs be. It absolutely depends on how long the slump goes on for under Koeman, and what state we find ourselves in if and when he got the sack.

Hard to define how close is too close for comfort for relegation, but if we are having that conversation at Christmas, then it's an absolute full-blown crisis and no better than Allardyce in that scenario to get us out of it. I very much doubt he would sign a short-term contract though and wouldn't blame him either.

If he ever got the job, it would be under those circumstances I think, meaning we faced a genuine battle for survival. But I really can't countenance Koeman struggling on for more than a couple of weeks if we lose the next 2. I'm pretty sure that would mean Unsworth being asked to step up.
Allardyce would be the worst idea ever

Marco Silva for me. Could be our Pochettino
Would prefer Tuchel or Ancelotti but both I fear are out of our reach. However no one can but be failed to be impressed with the work silva has done with poor and average teams in the Premiership. Your link to pochettino is a valid one as you can see similarities in their management styles.

I disagree. I think they have no real idea on how to get Koeman's tactics to work but i do not think they have downed tools.
I don't think they've downed tools either , and definitely not that cliche that Koeman has 'lost the dressing room' (hate that!)
I think it's simply confused tactics and role confusion and people just not knowing where and how to play
Davies, Gana, Williams, Pickford, DCL, Davies, Lookman all prove that there is still passion and commitment
SOme of the others too prove that - Niasse, Mirallas, Baines, ...all of them actually seem to be trying hard apart from Schneiderlin

Kenny, Davies, DCL, Rooney and Lookman in EVERY team would bring a lot of energy. I know Rooney is slow and unfit, but if he's either on the bench or starts he at least has the passion

If that happens then the self esteem of the fans will be shattered. To have a manager like that parachuted in to fire-fight after spending £140M this summer. It'd be about the worst possible message to send out to the world of football.

In any case, I doubt whether bottom half will be tolerated much less being in the bottom three. We just need a man with the confidence of the fans and players, because there's enough talent here if used correctly to be easy top half of the table.

MarcoLive.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back