Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it were Spurs I'd want Silva without question. From the moment he took over at Hull it was clear he knew what he was doing, he knows how to set up his teams to attack and defend.

Sure Hull got relegated anyway, but their position on the table from when Silva took over was 12th which was amazing considering how bad that team was.

Apparently if he'd been at Hull from Day 1 and carried his average PPG over 38 games they'd have finished 8th.

Silva seems capable of making the best of whatever is put in front of him, which is important given the amount of money that has been wasted on crap lately.

A 'philosophy' appointment may require more spending than what the board would be willing to sanction after the summer outlay. As things stand, none of the centre-backs can pass a ball, the solitary left-back can't run anymore, the senior right-back is yet to return from a catastrophic injury, the centre-mids are about as creative as the defenders, the wingers are all middling players at this level, and the only attacking player with any prospect of making an immediate impact is likely leaving in January.

This job requires a training ground manager who will be realistic about the level of the current squad.

I basically think Koeman is a good manager but his methods and mentality just arent the right fit. Im tired of hating him. I saw his hobo face -needs a shave- and actually felt sorry for him. My anger has shifted it's place. Our board looks to be incompetent punch of pussiez. I envy Spurs and Levy. Theres proper club and properly runned house. Board prove us wrong you fools. Ive had it with you. Still I will be here and tear me self up every time royal blues play.

This idea I think is completely silly that it's the players fault.

Either we have a team playing like professionals and doing as their manager tells them or we have a team doing the opposite. So if the manager is failing in his job due to poor tactics and lack of any preparation then how is this the players fault? He tells them to do what they are doing. If it doesn't work then do people expect players to break rank and disregard the manager? If they do that then what's the point in having a manager ?

If the players just don't look arsed and are not running, putting tackles in and ignoring the manager then they should be blamed. In our case it is because the system doesn't work and the manager is doing nothing about it

You haven't watched us have you.
Exactly the same as when they downed tools for Martinez

Silva? Another with relegation on his CV? Or very nearly...didnt he leave before the end ? 0-6 to ManC at home bodes well also.....and as someone else said - why would he want to come to us?

To get stuffed 6-0 at home is bad, but to recover them quickly and get them to where they are in the league shows he can motivate. That 6-0...if you watch it, they weren't horrendous, but City were sublime.

To get stuffed 6-0 at home is bad, but to recover them quickly and get them to where they are in the league shows he can motivate. That 6-0...if you watch it, they weren't horrendous, but City were sublime.
Thats a very good point.
They got tonked...yet their response has been superb, which would probably be down to the influence of the manager.
He can motivate and increase and improve a team/players confidence.
Confidence is everything in sport.

I disagree. I think they have no real idea on how to get Koeman's tactics to work but i do not think they have downed tools.

Is it Koeman fault that Baines is finished, that Mirallas has had 3 good games in his whole career, that Sandro couldn't control a ball and lost possession from which Lyon scored the winner, that Keane is like a rabbit in the headlights etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back