Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, he’s as bad as Moyes and Koeman. His entire philosophy is built from a point first.

Which to be honest isn't a bad thing just now.

We're too easy to play against when we have the ball and we're too easy to play against when we don't have it. Given Lazarus like recoveries are rare in football there seems to be two choices, outscore the opposition or get tight as a complete unit and get back to basics wrt defending. Doing nothing isn't an option and as clearly we can't do the first to me it means we should be doing the latter.

Benitez is an extremely good organiser, he'll set the team up properly and add wisely. There's too many issues to go for another mad splurge on transfers, Williams/Baines/Jagielka/CF/CM etc etc.

He knows the PL, he knows Everton and we should be at least considering him.

That's why I think he's better. He didn't have the Lewandowski's etc, the squad was far weaker. Just an opinion tho.

He had a fantastic squad :) Plus he didn't lose a player that summer, the first time in 5 years a Dortmund coach didn't have to deal with losing one of his top players.

There's a lot of good about TT, he a coach a rate very highly, but lets not be making out he had some re-building job at Dortmund, he didn't. It was anything but.

He had a fantastic squad :) Plus he didn't lose a player that summer, the first time in 5 years a Dortmund coach didn't have to deal with losing one of his top players.

There's a lot of good about TT, he a coach a rate very highly, but lets not be making out he had some re-building job at Dortmund, he didn't. It was anything but.

You don't think that those players under klopp that made the CL final were a better team? :oops:

Unsworth might wins us a few games early doors if he comes but he doesn’t have the experience. Look at Shakespeare at Leicester. These caretaker managers taking over very rarely work out.

i mean, you're basing that on nothing, think broader.

who knows what unsworth could do, but his lack of experience doesnt guarantee him to fail

You don't think that those players under klopp that made the CL final were a better team? :oops:

I didn't say they wheren't! I'm saying he took over a really good squad of players and didn't have to deal with losing any key player that summer. That team had talent like Hummels, Gundogan, Reus, Sokratis, Schmlezer, Bender, Sahin, Piszczek, Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang and plus Weigl and Castro arrived that summer.
Your post from yesterday made an assumption that he had some job on his hands at Dortmund, he didn't. He had the very rare opportunity many new coaches dont' have - taking over a settled and stable team.

But I do agree with you that he's a good coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back