Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any manager who ever it is say Pep or Poch is only as good as the players they wish or can bring in, now that is constrained by the transfer budget not with standing how much they want in wages.

If that was going to happen it would have already happened. Moshiri isn't just going to suddenly do that. And we also can't work on the basis of Usmanov shifting all his funding to Everton either - that was why I called it "fantasy-land". It's not just about money, it's about cachet. Maybe in the future, if Everton can build, names associated with bigger players, bigger clubs (in the current climate) will come in the future. This is about what manager could be next, not what manager could be next when Everton have established themselves as a top 6 club, which is when those type of names will come.
We won't have the scenario of what will the manager do next if we keep bringing in a new manager every couple months. Big Sam is definitely not the answer either.

We won't have the scenario of what will the manager do next if we keep bringing in a new manager every couple months. Big Sam is definitely not the answer either.
The "current climate" I was referring to is the state-of-play with the Premier League and ridiculous funds pouring into it. This means clubs can afford to change managers more quickly, to try and get things right quicker. Six bad results is enough now to mean the argument for change is valid. I am only basing what I say on what I think Everton can realistically do right now, not what Everton could be with a new stadium and a massive money boost at some point in the future as some people are speculating re: Usmanov.

Any manager who ever it is say Pep or Poch is only as good as the players they wish or can bring in, now that is constrained by the transfer budget not with standing how much they want in wages.
Partly that partly the cachet the club has. Tottenham are now in the invidious position, well, Levy is, of having to increase the level of the wage structure to not stand still but keep up.

If you stand still, you're going backwards.

Effectively that means, the Premier League is, metaphorically, a running machine. Or if it is The Championship, a Tesco conveyor belt.

Coda to Love reference:

Oh the snot has caked against my pants
It has turned into crystal
There's a bluebird sitting on a branch
I guess I'll take my pistol
I've got it in my hand
Coz he is on my land

Hence the metaphor goes on to confirm an outdated method of handling current situations is ultimately doomed to the crystallised anachronistic continuum it came from, particularly in relation to something blue.

Last edited:
Next Everton manager? Well first we have to convince unemployed top foreign managers like Tuchel and Blanc (and whoever else might end up available) that taking however many million we are offering by then is better than sitting at home,watching their countries version of the Jeremy Kyle Show.

Next Everton manager? Well first we have to convince unemployed top foreign managers like Tuchel and Blanc (and whoever else might end up available) that taking however many million we are offering by then is better than sitting at home,watching their countries version of the Jeremy Kyle Show.
I'd like to be convinced about the likes of Tuchel and, frankly not even a name I would've even thought of, Blanc, but I think the Premier League and the werewolf that is Everton that proved to be way too wild for Koeman, demand something very challenging, hence why I gravitate to people who actually are handling the Premier League right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back