Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see this too and to be fair I think it will be a mistake Moshiri won't recover from in the eyes of the fanbase. The fans will not want to see practical football getting us to 7th while continuing to surrender against the top teams. Given it will be nearly 3 years into Moshiri's tenure and the first tricky decision he had, people will have to re-evaluate what his project is all about.
If a manager like Silva or Fonseca was available & willing in June then surely Moshiri will send Allardyce packing? They were his preferred choices after Koeman, can't see that changing.

Dont know really we need to sort the structure of the club out first there is no real roles or identity behind the scenes in my view clubs like. Dortmund, Ajax, PSV, Shaktar, Schalke, RBL, Sevilla, Athletic, Alethico, Monaco, Benfica, Porto, Sporting ect have there football operations structure in place firmly and it can survive chopping and changing of managers inconsistent transfers and poor form runs. English football is rather chaotic and I would argue that in recent times only really the spurs have stuck to a strict control or structure of football operations.

Providing the necessary changes pending I would love to go for a young hungry pragmatic coach. Fonch been on top of my list

Walsh is an added complication in this of course. If the reports about Marcel Brands are to be believed, then Walsh's position is also under threat.

It depends on how trigger happy Moshiri is willing to be. An underperforming DOF coupled with a deeply unpopular and divisive manager who is short-term at best anyway gives him an opportunity to start afresh and make two new appointments. It would be very well received.

The best thing would be to remove both men together in the summer. It makes no sense to appoint a new manager and then another DOF afterwards. Another grand cock-up in the making that would be.

I still think if results are on the whole ok and we finish top half then the temptation will be for them to do nothing.

If a manager like Silva or Fonseca was available & willing in June then surely Moshiri will send Allardyce packing? They were his preferred choices after Koeman, can't see that changing.

Everyone surrounding him at the club will be saying the opposite though. They know a certain type of new manager means demands on them to perform as board members, certain coaching and training staff being turfed out, potentially ruffling feathers from top to bottom. Kenwright Elstone Walsh Shakespeare Ferguson will all be saying keep Allardyce because they know the show goes on for another season of them sitting there doing nothing and us finishing ensconced in mid table.

Fonseca should be his number one target and hopefully this is already being worked on, but I just think a more glamorous job than Everton might come up in the summer for him.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Everton have put in Allardyces contract that if he keeps us up this season he’s guaranteed to be here for next season!

He seems very confident of himself being here next season.

As much as I would love us to go and get someone like this Fonseca fella, how realistic is it for us to convince him to come here?

Our last 4 managers have been from Preston, Wigan, Southampton and some fella who was unemployed due to him getting caught potentially doing some dodgy dealings (with a short stint at Palace in between coming to us).

Maybe we just aren't as an attractive proposition as some of us believe.

I totally agree with you mate, just imagine his head if we finish 7th (and I think we will) the self-praise will be horrifying. "After being in a relegation battle I got the best of my players and myself and guided us to finish in 7th which considering when I took over the doom and gloom around the club is nothing short of a miracle" quote BFS. I'm certain he's on a nice little bonus the higher up the league we finish if I was Moshiri after the last game id say thanks now F@@k off and take Walsh ,Lee and Shakespeare with you and then try to get Fonseca in.

I totally agree with you mate, just imagine his head if we finish 7th (and I think we will) the self-praise will be horrifying. "After being in a relegation battle I got the best of my players and myself and guided us to finish in 7th which considering when I took over the doom and gloom around the club is nothing short of a miracle" quote BFS. I'm certain he's on a nice little bonus the higher up the league we finish if I was Moshiri after the last game id say thanks now F@@k off and take Walsh ,Lee and Shakespeare with you and then try to get Fonseca in.
Our ‘kin board will buy into it as well!

I think Silva is a big risk and we need to get someone who’ll bring us some ideas and a track record - even if it’s a Europa League or top 4 / challenger record.
I’m as excited by young European managers who look like a new Poch Mourinho or Conte but to be fair Silva hasn’t done anything great has he?

They need to get Fonseca sorted now, then go on to announce it around Easter time, the players will still play for fat Sam as they will worry about their futures etc.

It will also give the whole place a lift.

Apparently there are 3 players in the shaktor team out of contract as well so Fonseca can bring them in as well.

Happy days all round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back