Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to get Fonseca sorted now, then go on to announce it around Easter time, the players will still play for fat Sam as they will worry about their futures etc.

It will also give the whole place a lift.

Apparently there are 3 players in the shaktor team out of contract as well so Fonseca can bring them in as well.

Happy days all round
They really don't.
We need a manager that has come from and been successful in one of the major leagues. W might as well give it Brendan Rogers as Fonseca.

Chelsea
Bayern
Everton
Real Madrid

Anyone else who will most likely need a new manager?

Managers who aren’t currently contracted to anyone or contract expires

Silva
Fonseca
Tuchel
Ancelotti
Enrique
Zidane

That’s me assuming Real Madrid will part company with Zidane.

Bayern and Tuchel seems a good fit.

All the talk of Enrique to Chelsea if not soon in the summer.

Should be an interesting summer. Jochaim Lowe May also finish up a head coach of Germany.

If we still have Allardyce in charge we’ve missed another opportunity

Dortmund, although it could be Stöger stays IF we qualify for automatic CL places and do well in Europa, if not, it is likely Dortmund will try and get Julian Nagelsmann.

My concern with silva is just how many teams he's had already, it would make me nervous if Dortmund where linked with him. He clearly is a talented coach, but I would be very wary of him and his ability to stick in a job. A team needs someone who will see the project first and be willing to commit. But of course, that means having bosses who also have the ability to find the right coach and then have the patience to stick with him. That is the biggest issue, because these days, no one has patience.

They need to get Fonseca sorted now, then go on to announce it around Easter time, the players will still play for fat Sam as they will worry about their futures etc.

It will also give the whole place a lift.

Apparently there are 3 players in the shaktor team out of contract as well so Fonseca can bring them in as well.

Happy days all round

Bosman does not apply outside EU. Not sure what the position would be with Shaktar.

For 'confident' see arrogant or delusional. Mr Allardyce genuinely believes he is a lot better than he actually is, hence his previous comments about being capable of managing Real Madrid or Barcelona!! Managing Everton is a piece of cake for him...

Think that was said in a sort of tongue in cheek but true way. Anyone with a little knowledge in Football could look to do a good job at those clubs considering the quality of said squads. I mean Zidane took over RM and is doing OK but could he do the same at a lesser club? Look at Mourinho....since Porto he has managed all top European Clubs with good ready made squads so his job is already half done but is not adverse to spending massive amounts of money to maintain the Status Quo. I really can't say how he would do at the likes of West Brom without unlimited funds and go with what you got type club. It is not as easy to judge good and bad managers nowadays when clubs are not on a level playing field financial wise.

Think that was said in a sort of tongue in cheek but true way. Anyone with a little knowledge in Football could look to do a good job at those clubs considering the quality of said squads. I mean Zidane took over RM and is doing OK but could he do the same at a lesser club? Look at Mourinho....since Porto he has managed all top European Clubs with good ready made squads so his job is already half done but is not adverse to spending massive amounts of money to maintain the Status Quo. I really can't say how he would do at the likes of West Brom without unlimited funds and go with what you got type club. It is not as easy to judge good and bad managers nowadays when clubs are not on a level playing field financial wise.
I think possibly the point being made is that if you can sign just about any player you want it is easier to become a good manager.
Could Sam do well at Utd or City with the transfer budgets there... probably. So could Dyche and half a dozen others.
Would Guardiola have been able to keep Sunderland, Palace and West Ham in the Premiership. I doubt it.
Different skill sets for different situations and as we have seen buying well if difficult even when you have lots of money.
City paid 42m for Mangala and nobody mentions it we paid 24m for Klaasen and it is a disaster, even though he may still come good or be sold for a decent but loss making fee.

I`ve said it on other threads but I feel Eddie Howe would be a good fit. Keeping Bournemouth in the league with the players and budget he has is an achievement in itself. Plus they play football the right way. I think we should give him a go, boyhood Everton fan aswell........

I think both the news reports linking Silva to Chelsea and us to Fonseca is just posturing.

Make me think Silva is almost a foregone conclusion.

I`ve said it on other threads but I feel Eddie Howe would be a good fit. Keeping Bournemouth in the league with the players and budget he has is an achievement in itself. Plus they play football the right way. I think we should give him a go, boyhood Everton fan aswell........

Off the back of a 4-1 loss to Huddersfield?

They really don't.
We need a manager that has come from and been successful in one of the major leagues. W might as well give it Brendan Rogers as Fonseca.
When Celtic played man city did they beat them, because I know when shaktor Donesk played city they not only beat them but played ythem off the park.

I want my everton team to do that and compete for the title, not someone like Eddie howe or fat Sam who is well known in this league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back