Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt get my hopes up. Utterly resigned to having Sam and "The Gang" here next season.

My reasoning is based on what Moshiri might be thinking. He has been burnt badly so far. He simply cannot be burned again, and any of the frequent names represent a risk. He might think, with the stadium edging closer, the football side of things has to be de risked. Sam, sadly, does delivers that.
Maybe..but he doesn't strike me as the type of bloke that would go into a new season with only a year left on his contract. That will have to be addressed as it would not be good for the club to have a manager with only a year to run in charge of all those footballers. I think he may have demanded the extra year, knowing that if they decide to part ways, he will get his dosh. He had Everton cornered really back in November - nice work if you can get it.

I wouldnt get my hopes up. Utterly resigned to having Sam and "The Gang" here next season.

My reasoning is based on what Moshiri might be thinking. He has been burnt badly so far. He simply cannot be burned again, and any of the frequent names represent a risk. He might think, with the stadium edging closer, the football side of things has to be de risked. Sam, sadly, does delivers that.
You may well be right there....a board which supports mediocrity and a comfortable "lets not rock the boat" philosophy is what we are stuck with atm. Until matters change at that level we can forget any thought of progressing our club further...speculation about our next manager is rather futile imo because with the lily livered charlatans in charge there will be no change of manager..

You may well be right there....a board which supports mediocrity and a comfortable "lets not rock the boat" philosophy is what we are stuck with atm. Until matters change at that level we can forget any thought of progressing our club further...speculation about our next manager is rather futile imo because with the lily livered charlatans in charge there will be no change of manager..

I think every football club have an element of "not rocking the boat", if they have a goal in mind. Be that a stadium, survival, top 4, whatever. Only the uber rich can lob anything at a squad. Everyone else has to be realistic.

If that was the case he'd have gone after the last couple of embarrassing defeats. He won't want to give future managers the impression you'll get fired here for not getting Top 6.
Disagree. Hiring Sam was necessity. Stadium project was in the balance. He was never the long term solution and it really isnt harming us in any way if and when he will be booted after the season is done.

Disagree. Hiring Sam was necessity. Stadium project was in the balance. He was never the long term solution and it really isnt harming us in any way if and when he will be booted after the season is done.
Why was the stadium funding in the balance? Threat of relegation? If so that might explain a lot of things. Not going to do a big reveal until the money is a certainty and if that was dependent on being in the PL then it was the right call. 2 more wins to guarantee safety and a chance to experiment with the squad followed by a summer of sorting out the imbalances in the team and things might look a lot rosier by the end of the year.

If that was the case he'd have gone after the last couple of embarrassing defeats.

In reality, BS is not gonna be sacked mid-season. Firstly, it's an unnecessary disruption and reflects badly on the club to hire 3 managers in one season. Secondly, there are no viable contenders for the job until the summer, so we might as well wait until then (in the knowledge BS will keep us up).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back