Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The most pertinent question is will people renew their season tickets if Big Sam is manager.

I've barely been arsed watching us on TV this season so I don't think I would.
I won't be, and I've had one since 1995.

There have been worse managers than Allardyce during my time, but they at least appeared to have some upside at the time of their respective appointments. Him staying on would be the clearest indication yet that this club has given up on ever getting back to where it once was.

The most pertinent question is will people renew their season tickets if Big Sam is manager.

I've barely been arsed watching us on TV this season so I don't think I would.

I've already renewed under the impression he wasn't staying, honestly im not so sure he is going now

will be selling my ticket most weeks though

nothing to enjoy about the game when he's in charge, absolutely no excitement regardless of the result

Goodison was packed for the game against Palace last weekend.
The goals against Palace were celebrated just as loudly as any goals I have seen scored by us at the ground.
Leaving the stadium the mood seemed content rather than unhappy.

Results are what matter. If we had lost to Palace there would have been a very different feeling. Any manager that has the team winning will not get grief.... maybe from a few but Allyrdyce knows if he won the Premiership with Everton there would be a tiny minority that still would not be happy.. that won't bother him and if he can get the team winning it won't bother Moshiri either.

I think in any case he is going to be talking about next season and continuing as normal.

At the end of the day he is an employee with a contract and will remain so until he or the board decide otherwise.

I think its 50/50 him staying on and shouldn't be dependent on results. Moshiri probably has his mind made up already. If he is going I don't think we will have to wait for very long after season end. There is no reason to prolong his stay in those circumstances and no benefit to him.

It's an absolute imperative that he goes early. I would rather he stayed on for the whole of next season rather than getting to July or even August and making a change. It would just be amateur hour all over again.

Goodison was packed for the game against Palace last weekend.
The goals against Palace were celebrated just as loudly as any goals I have seen scored by us at the ground.
Leaving the stadium the mood seemed content rather than unhappy.

Results are what matter. If we had lost to Palace there would have been a very different feeling. Any manager that has the team winning will not get grief.... maybe from a few but Allyrdyce knows if he won the Premiership with Everton there would be a tiny minority that still would not be happy.. that won't bother him and if he can get the team winning it won't bother Moshiri either.
That's just not true. Pulis and Big Sam have both been forced out over the way they play at other clubs, clubs with less expectations than us.

Of course everyone wants a winning manager but coming 7th next year isn't good enough to put up with his style. I can see a lot of people switching off.

I think in any case he is going to be talking about next season and continuing as normal.

At the end of the day he is an employee with a contract and will remain so until he or the board decide otherwise.

I think its 50/50 him staying on and shouldn't be dependent on results. Moshiri probably has his mind made up already. If he is going I don't think we will have to wait for very long after season end. There is no reason to prolong his stay in those circumstances and no benefit to him.

It's an absolute imperative that he goes early. I would rather he stayed on for the whole of next season rather than getting to July or even August and making a change. It would just be amateur hour all over again.
I think that the transfer window closes this year before the season starts.
There is also a major competition in the summer and a lot of players will want their futures sorted before they leave so they can put the uncertainty about their next season out of their mind.
I think transfers will be happening very early with quite a few being leaked ever before the season finishes.

I absolutely agree with you that if Sam is not staying then it has to happen early and his replacement be ready to step straight in immediately.
Realistically, a new manager should be looking at Everton and it's players now and trying to determine what is needed and who is available.
Sacking Sam in the middle of May and not appointing a new manager for even two or three weeks could be a disaster.

However, I am convinced Sam will be at the club next season and in time it would not surprise me if he becomes general manager as a new younger coach is brought to the club... it is in a scenario like this I could see Silva arrive.
An exciting young coach working under the umbrella of a more senior man who will keep the club stable.

People will renew because of BMD if no other reason. I have and know loads of others who have done the same.
Why?

If its going to be 50k-60k then I can't imagine getting season tickets will be hard. In fact I suspect the opposite. Out fan base is good but its not like we are in danger of winning anything anytime soon. Look at West Ham when they moved.

I think that the transfer window closes this year before the season starts.
There is also a major competition in the summer and a lot of players will want their futures sorted before they leave so they can put the uncertainty about their next season out of their mind.
I think transfers will be happening very early with quite a few being leaked ever before the season finishes.

I absolutely agree with you that if Sam is not staying then it has to happen early and his replacement be ready to step straight in immediately.
Realistically, a new manager should be looking at Everton and it's players now and trying to determine what is needed and who is available.
Sacking Sam in the middle of May and not appointing a new manager for even two or three weeks could be a disaster.

However, I am convinced Sam will be at the club next season and in time it would not surprise me if he becomes general manager as a new younger coach is brought to the club... it is in a scenario like this I could see Silva arrive.
An exciting young coach working under the umbrella of a more senior man who will keep the club stable.
Big Sam as DOF.

Couldn't do worse than Walsh.

Why?

If its going to be 50k-60k then I can't imagine getting season tickets will be hard. In fact I suspect the opposite. Out fan base is good but its not like we are in danger of winning anything anytime soon. Look at West Ham when they moved.
It isn't about numbers. It is about the project.
We will have gone from Goodison to a new 60,000ish home in just around two years.
We have spent money on transfers that previously could not even have been imagined....albeit not spent very well.

It is the project that matters.... if this happened in two years then what will happen in the next five ?

None of us know if there will be a new ground..although it does look nailed on now.
None of us know the financial model of the proposed new stadium.
None of us know who will take up ownership of the remaining 50% of the Everton share capital or what wealth they will bring with them.
The disappointing season ...although very disappointing... is only a hiccup in the project, that is why people are going to renew.

Why?

Because if you're an existing ST holder you'll get first pick at the new place.

I'm sure they will give ST holders priority to purchase the equivalent spec so they are where they want to be and close to or next to existing friends and family. If you're in the LG you're more than likely deffo want to be in the huge home end. Others may want a different spec or perspective and this will allow them first pick.

Because if you're an existing ST holder you'll get first pick at the new place.

I'm sure they will give ST holders priority to purchase the equivalent spec so they are where they want to be and close to or next to existing friends and family. If you're in the LG you're more than likely deffo want to be in the huge home end. Others may want a different spec or perspective and this will allow them first pick.
I suppose. Its a lot of money to spend for a better seat that they may or may not get in 4 to 6 years time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back