Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be interesting to see if they go after him and he turns it down.

..absolutely, suggesting he’s got something else lined up!!!

Only one place he's going if he steers clear of the two or three jobs in the PL that are bound to come up soon.

I think Southampton if they are in the hunt are the one's to watch. I'd see them as a reasonable fit for the way he'd want to play.

You may know more than me about what’s going on around the club, but I doubt a longer term deal has been agreed.

Going off rumours and a few so called itk’s we approached Sam straight after koeman was sacked, the bookies had him at 1/7 and they are rarely wrong. Apparently we offered him a deal to the end of the season and he wanted a lot longer 3yrs?. Then he’s out the running for the Job he even says it live on air on talksport.

Then we going after Tuchel, Fonseca and Silva. Maybe even a few offers that hasn’t come out, we get no luck with them, we get best 5-1 at Southampton and Moshiri goes back to sam and they compromise on a 18month deal.

The end of the day 6months, 18months or 3yrs. If moshiri wants to sack him in May he will.
For the very reasons you have given I think there is a longer term plan in place(longer is a relative term). Sam obviously does not want to be a stop gap manager anymore.
He was offered the opportunity to manage until the end of the season before anybody and turned us down.
As you correctly say we certainly did go after Silva and Fonseca and Tuchel have also been mentioned although the level of contact with the last two is unknown.

So, what happened to make Sam change his mind... in spite of what people say he isn't motivated by money anymore. He walked out of the Palace job and away from an existing contract.
Are people so silly as to believe that we offer him an 18 month contract but will sack him after five .... and Sam didn't see that possibility coming and that scenario was not the first item discussed between Sam and the club.

Everton is the biggest club Sam has managed and now will ever manage. I believe with Sam it is all now about legacy.
It is obvious he believes he is a better manager than the clubs that were given to him previously and I can imagine the England fiasco must still really hurt. I think he wants to redeem his reputation and at the same time prove his quality as a manager... to everybody else.

I believe that he will be here next season as manager at least . After that I don't know really. There may be the offer of a different role in the club or instead the offer of eighteen months as manager with financial backing and it is up to him then to convince everybody he should stay longer.

Either way, if results are reasonable from now until the end of the season I see him here next season.

Reactions: Han
For the very reasons you have given I think there is a longer term plan in place(longer is a relative term). Sam obviously does not want to be a stop gap manager anymore.
He was offered the opportunity to manage until the end of the season before anybody and turned us down.
As you correctly say we certainly did go after Silva and Fonseca and Tuchel have also been mentioned although the level of contact with the last two is unknown.

So, what happened to make Sam change his mind... in spite of what people say he isn't motivated by money anymore. He walked out of the Palace job and away from an existing contract.
Are people so silly as to believe that we offer him an 18 month contract but will sack him after five .... and Sam didn't see that possibility coming and that scenario was not the first item discussed between Sam and the club.

Everton is the biggest club Sam has managed and now will ever manage. I believe with Sam it is all now about legacy.
It is obvious he believes he is a better manager than the clubs that were given to him previously and I can imagine the England fiasco must still really hurt. I think he wants to redeem his reputation and at the same time prove his quality as a manager... to everybody else.

I believe that he will be here next season as manager at least . After that I don't know really. There may be the offer of a different role in the club or instead the offer of eighteen months as manager with financial backing and it is up to him then to convince everybody he should stay longer.

Either way, if results are reasonable from now until the end of the season I see him here next season.
A couple things 1) you don’t know he turned us down, we could have said to him your not getting a 3yr deal. And we could have walked away. And if he did turn us down, why did he finally agree to take job. Seems odd.
2) Maybe he did think he could prove he’s not just a negative Park the bus manger, well that’s down the pan after 15 games or how ever number of games he’s been in charge. He will never change his style. It’s not just his style, it’s some of his ridiculous statements he’s made in press conference.

Apparently Martin O’Neil was also rumoured to be in the frame, maybe we offered him a deal to the end of the season and he said no.

So we were left with two options unsworth or sam. And obviously Moshiri felt we would be nailed on for safety with Sam, even if it cost more money

And your being a bit silly if you think he can’t be sacked in summer.

I don’t believe Moshiri will pass up a chance to get a manager on a free, who nearly cost us 15mil. Maybe Silva is no longer 1st choice, but I’m sure he will be on the list. And he will know it.

You obviously think he will stay, build a legacy and have a statue at Bramley moor.
I don’t so let’s see what happens in the summer

I see Eddie 'Bobby Mk2' Howe is continuing to show us his credentials..

Aye, absolutely shocking that his team, who he took over whilst 17 points from safety IN LEAGUE 2, are getting beaten in a match whilst they sit 11th in the EPL just 3 points behind us, despite playing in the smallest stadium ever to have been in the EPL and a tiny budget in compassion to others.

I get that some don't want him, I myself am unsure but why have a pop at a guy who has said nothing but complementary things about us, who supports us and has done an incredible job to get Bournemouth to where they are today.

It would be great, but I imagine Monchi went to Roma with the intention of staying long-term.

We need to get the structure right as much as the personnel in terms of manager / DOF. If Moshiri thinks he can just shoe-horn people in and ignore the underlying problems, we are doomed to failure.

Our whole operation is geared towards that of a club which expects little more than midtable mediocrity and keeping its head above water.
Exactly. Judge people by their actions not their words.

Our actions reek of a team that after the topsy turvy reign of Martinez and heightened expectations of the fans have gone back to settling for mid table mediocrity.

Yeah i do if Sam dosent stay, anything else would be pure madness, last thing we need is another Martinez style gung ho idiot
I can't see Allardyce staying and I really hope he isn't staying. Can't say I've seen too much of Fonseca to have any real opinion on him but he seems to be getting the best out of the Shakhtar side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back