Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the transfer window closes this year before the season starts.
There is also a major competition in the summer and a lot of players will want their futures sorted before they leave so they can put the uncertainty about their next season out of their mind.
I think transfers will be happening very early with quite a few being leaked ever before the season finishes.

I absolutely agree with you that if Sam is not staying then it has to happen early and his replacement be ready to step straight in immediately.
Realistically, a new manager should be looking at Everton and it's players now and trying to determine what is needed and who is available.
Sacking Sam in the middle of May and not appointing a new manager for even two or three weeks could be a disaster.

However, I am convinced Sam will be at the club next season and in time it would not surprise me if he becomes general manager as a new younger coach is brought to the club... it is in a scenario like this I could see Silva arrive.
An exciting young coach working under the umbrella of a more senior man who will keep the club stable.
Are you for real, Fat Sam for general manger. This has got to be a wind up.

So we move to our all singing all dancing shiny new stadium. And sam the dinosaur is our general manager. I suppose sammy Lee will be chairman. Ffs

It isn't about numbers. It is about the project.
We will have gone from Goodison to a new 60,000ish home in just around two years.
We have spent money on transfers that previously could not even have been imagined....albeit not spent very well.

It is the project that matters.... if this happened in two years then what will happen in the next five ?

None of us know if there will be a new ground..although it does look nailed on now.
None of us know the financial model of the proposed new stadium.
None of us know who will take up ownership of the remaining 50% of the Everton share capital or what wealth they will bring with them.
The disappointing season ...although very disappointing... is only a hiccup in the project, that is why people are going to renew.
I'm not sure if you are serious but...

I know the marketing hype but when we bought Lukaku we spent 28m for a 21 year old. That's like spending 60m on a 21 year old today.

I just don't buy the whole we are spending money unlike before. The reality is we are buying from teams below us and cast offs from Utd and Arsenal which is exactly the same as what we did under Moyes which as far as I'm concerned is a backwards step to Martinez.

You are right. None of us know anything but after 2 years, selling our young stars, still looking for funding for the stadium and buying average players with Big Sam in charge I wouldn't blame anyone of being skeptical of "the project".

Which brings me back to my point. Big Sam next year doesn't exactly fill me with excitement for anything let alone "the project".

There is also a major competition in the summer and a lot of players will want their futures sorted before they leave so they can put the uncertainty about their next season out of their mind.
I think transfers will be happening very early with quite a few being leaked ever before the season finishes.

I absolutely agree with you that if Sam is not staying then it has to happen early and his replacement be ready to step straight in immediately.
Realistically, a new manager should be looking at Everton and it's players now and trying to determine what is needed and who is available.
Sacking Sam in the middle of May and not appointing a new manager for even two or three weeks could be a disaster.

However, I am convinced Sam will be at the club next season and in time it would not surprise me if he becomes general manager as a new younger coach is brought to the club... it is in a scenario like this I could see Silva arrive.
An exciting young coach working under the umbrella of a more senior man who will keep the club stable.

A very interesting scenario you describe.

He could also of course step down to "spend more time with his family" as was the case leaving Palace.

A very interesting scenario you describe.

He could also of course step down to "spend more time with his family" as was the case leaving Palace.
He could step down , but somehow he seems to me to be somebody who needs to be involved.
I think that when Sam was first appointed at Everton that a longer term plan was agreed at the time. It would have been very easy just to set up a short term contract until the summer and then talk.
I think Sam may like to stay involved in the longer term but possibly accepts that he won’t be manager for the long term.

As @Timak recently pointed out to me, Vitor Pereira has an amazing CV. Why on earth aren’t we offering him the manager’s job?

I am firmly in the ‘team Vitor’ camp now.

He's just recently taken the job at a club in Shanghai, the same one who have Hulk and Oscar in their playing ranks, so we won't be able to tempt him with just money either.

God no
FSA and Silva would put the final nails in our coffin

Are you for real, Fat Sam for general manger. This has got to be a wind up.

So we move to our all singing all dancing shiny new stadium. And sam the dinosaur is our general manager. I suppose sammy Lee will be chairman. Ffs
hahaha Sam for General Manager! We'll have the biggest number of not-needed staff on our pay list in the entire league. Fat Sam and his crew (Sammy Lee, Shakespeare, Walsh, et al) plus Elstone and Kenwright, all of whom offer no benefit to the club whatsoever! All that money down the drain!

He could step down , but somehow he seems to me to be somebody who needs to be involved.
I think that when Sam was first appointed at Everton that a longer term plan was agreed at the time. It would have been very easy just to set up a short term contract until the summer and then talk.
I think Sam may like to stay involved in the longer term but possibly accepts that he won’t be manager for the long term.
You may know more than me about what’s going on around the club, but I doubt a longer term deal has been agreed.

Going off rumours and a few so called itk’s we approached Sam straight after koeman was sacked, the bookies had him at 1/7 and they are rarely wrong. Apparently we offered him a deal to the end of the season and he wanted a lot longer 3yrs?. Then he’s out the running for the Job he even says it live on air on talksport.

Then we going after Tuchel, Fonseca and Silva. Maybe even a few offers that hasn’t come out, we get no luck with them, we get best 5-1 at Southampton and Moshiri goes back to sam and they compromise on a 18month deal.

The end of the day 6months, 18months or 3yrs. If moshiri wants to sack him in May he will.

It wouldn't, because he didn't want a short term contract. He knew that he had us over a barrel, and so he could get a longer contract which means he either gets a shot at achieving something or gets 12 months wages for doing nothing.

Imagine getting the DOF from Roma.
Not sure about Fonseca but Monchi and Emery reunited at Everton with a few quid to spend would give us a team worthy of gracing a 61878 capacity brand new shiny stadium on the waterfront.

It would be great, but I imagine Monchi went to Roma with the intention of staying long-term.

We need to get the structure right as much as the personnel in terms of manager / DOF. If Moshiri thinks he can just shoe-horn people in and ignore the underlying problems, we are doomed to failure.

Our whole operation is geared towards that of a club which expects little more than midtable mediocrity and keeping its head above water.

It would be great, but I imagine Monchi went to Roma with the intention of staying long-term.

We need to get the structure right as much as the personnel in terms of manager / DOF. If Moshiri thinks he can just shoe-horn people in and ignore the underlying problems, we are doomed to failure.

Our whole operation is geared towards that of a club which expects little more than midtable mediocrity and keeping its head above water.
I agree
A command structure is only as good as its weakest link.
Moshiri needs to bare his teeth and grow a set of sperm producing spheres
Sack Bill Bob Woods and the rest of the board.
A new CEO with experience of getting big builds done on time and on budget ( Corestate might know one or two )
A new CEO with experience to run the football side of the club. Dein from Arsenal ( although in his 70s May be too old ) or Gill from United , or someone of that ilk.
A new Commercial Director to improve and increase our existing and new revenue streams
A new DOF alongside a new manager
A new LB CB CF and maybe LM (although I’m hoping Lookman /Henry will succeed there )
Get your cheque book out Moshiri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back