Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He loves the club? He begged to leave then insulted us when he came back.
I believe the club sold arteta and asked him to put a transfer request in to direct the blame onto the player rather than the board .

My evidence is threefold.

1. Wenger never signs players without medical done properly. Arteta was signed essentially before a medical was done? Or the medical was already done before that night. (His serious injury being the reason).

2. It was a window where we sold 2 strikers and our creative midfielder and loaned a crap (fan favourite) striker who was peddled around the country and a real Madrid player who we saw why he was available.

3. The money vanished anyway, which inspired the question where's the arteta money bill.

If Wenger was to come that puts to bed the Usmanov rumours I reckon. He’s been after getting rid of him for years at Arsenal I believe.

Really, his open letter to arsenal supporters in 2014, and his statement in 2017 both fully endorsed and praised Wenger and he gave him his full support.

Quite the opposite of what you think then really.

The only reason why Wenger hasn't walked away from arsenal is because he loves the club and considering he has spent 22 years as manager at least, what makes anyone think he would jump into a another job once he leaves?! It would make no sense for him to do that, he is obviously an arsenal man and will move upstairs so to speak instead.

The actual ambition from Everton will shortlist again managers from this league only. So save your wishlist , it's going to be someone from the league guaranteed

Not a chance. I actually think he'll be a very astute appointment for someone

I'd take him in a heartbeat either as manager or director of football, hell even as CEO.

As a manager he'd have a point to prove, wouldn't work with some joke dof so we'd have to restructure meaning bye bye Walsh get him with a young assistant like arteta and I'd be happy.

As a dof, he'd set the clubs style up with no room for arguments for a decade and managerial appointments would be chosen that suits player recruitment.

Tell you what, I couldn't see Wenger coming in as manager, even though he knocks spots of Allardyce, I dont think he would want another big build job full time.

However, if he was looking to move from the day to day and move upstairs - I would be keen to see if he would take a role such a DoF and then volley the beaut Walsh out of the club.

No idea if thats the type of thing he wants to move into, but a team of Wenger DoF (who knows how to play football and still has eyes for players) and like a Fonseca as manager, this - this would say we have decided to embrace the challenge of pushing on.

Reality, Paul Simpson and Sean Dyche come in.

Dreams quashed...

Bleach drunk...

end it all.
For all Wengers qualities he seems to lack an eye for a certain type of player
His inability ( until Cech ) to sign a top class goalkeeper, a top class CB and a DM is baffling when every pundit in the country said that’s what they needed.

I believe the club sold arteta and asked him to put a transfer request in to direct the blame onto the player rather than the board .

My evidence is threefold.

1. Wenger never signs players without medical done properly. Arteta was signed essentially before a medical was done? Or the medical was already done before that night. (His serious injury being the reason).

2. It was a window where we sold 2 strikers and our creative midfielder and loaned a crap (fan favourite) striker who was peddled around the country and a real Madrid player who we saw why he was available.

3. The money vanished anyway, which inspired the question where's the arteta money bill.
I believe your interpretation is correct. There was also an interview with him afterwards which hinted at this plus a couple of newspaper stories stating this. The club was in a dire financial state which is the reason he was sold.

Really, his open letter to arsenal supporters in 2014, and his statement in 2017 both fully endorsed and praised Wenger and he gave him his full support.

Quite the opposite of what you think then really.

Oh I got told by an Arsenal season ticket holder I work with on site a few weeks ago, and we were discussing Everton and Usmanov. He said he’d heard that he’d had enough of not winning anything and wanted a a new man on board if he was staying.

But if you think his attitude hasn’t changed since then fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back