Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take him in a heartbeat either as manager or director of football, hell even as CEO.

As a manager he'd have a point to prove, wouldn't work with some joke dof so we'd have to restructure meaning bye bye Walsh get him with a young assistant like arteta and I'd be happy.

As a dof, he'd set the clubs style up with no room for arguments for a decade and managerial appointments would be chosen that suits player recruitment.
Wenger as general manager with somebody like Arteta as first team coach until he is ready, if ever, to become manager.

For all Wengers qualities he seems to lack an eye for a certain type of player
His inability ( until Cech ) to sign a top class goalkeeper, a top class CB and a DM is baffling when every pundit in the country said that’s what they needed.

Think thats a fair comment to be honest, but in memory (albeit over his whole period at that club) I think he has made some very astute signings including some for incredible value for money.

Guess my only issue with him moving into such a role at a club like ours, is the fact they have brought in a head of recruitment - probably that in itself shows the failings of him.

No fight left in wenger
Spot on, looks like he`s had enough to me.

Hypothetically :

Why would he leave London, even if he packed in ?

He`s a millionaire many times over, he`s nearing 70 and we`re a completely broken team, that he`d almost need to rip up and start again. So by the time he got a "functioning " up and running Everton team he`d probably be 70 lol

People need to give their heads a wobble.

Hypothetically :

He`s a millionaire many times over, he`s nearing 70 and we`re a completely broken team, that he`d almost need to rip up and start again. So by the time he got a "functioning " up and running Everton team he`d probably be 70 lol

Wenger will move into international management,

Hypothetically :

If he thinks arsenal is bad we would send him to an early grave!! Stay away Arsene for your own good.

Only reason I could see Wenger wanting it is if he really is hooked on football and Moshiri is offering him the chance to have total control again. Moshiri has been burnt by Walsh, Wenger hates DOFs, it might look like a good option to both. Can we have David Dein as well please?

I would bet that fans of Sean Dyche will have changed their mind after watching Burnley beat Everton. His style of play would have the boo boys at full throttle. Effective, even against the big clubs, but awful to watch. Leave him out of it.

All these shouts about bringing Arteta in as assistant. Why would he leave his assistant manager role at City for the same role at Everton??

The only way he’ll be back is if he’s the number one.
He's a first team coach, not assistant manager.

It'd arguably still be a promotion for him. He'd be an actual assistant earning more money at a club he's already familiar with, hard to see him not at least being interested if that was a genuine opportunity.

People who are opposed to Wenger: that just underlines how far out of whack this club has become. We're basically a club sitting in rags in the gutter but some are howling down the possibility a Bentley might pull up to take us out of it because they dont think the Bentley is new enough.

You couldn't make it up.

Let's have it right: we are on the floor, and to have a manager who's built a dynasty at one place and who can still win trophies (three in the last four seasons) he would be doing us a favour by turning up here. It's highly unlikely he will, but the point stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back