Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
All these shouts about bringing Arteta in as assistant. Why would he leave his assistant manager role at City for the same role at Everton??

The only way he’ll be back is if he’s the number one.
And if he does he'll have to have gone out and proved himself elsewhere first. No learner drivers at Everton. We haven't fallen quite that far yet.

Oh I got told by an Arsenal season ticket holder I work with on site a few weeks ago, and we were discussing Everton and Usmanov. He said he’d heard that he’d had enough of not winning anything and wanted a a new man on board if he was staying.

But if you think his attitude hasn’t changed since then fair enough.

Arsenal fans have long said that Usmanov would be the answer for them compared to Kroenke, because he has publically stated he would back the team financially etc, but those who want Kroenke out and Usmanov in are also the same group that want Wenger out, so they seem to ignore anything that Usmanov has stated on the subject - which is all pro Wenger btw, and just go with the line that he'd back the team and change the manager - which he has never once stated would be his aim to do...

from april last year

“I do not think that the coach alone is to be blamed for what is happening,” Usmanov, 63, said. “Some continuity is needed. This includes the need to prepare a successor for Wenger, but in a very respectful way. I can suggest that Wenger himself can prepare a successor.”

from june last year after wenger signed a new contract

A statement read: "I am pleased Arsene Wenger will continue to manage Arsenal for the next two years - he is one of the best coaches in Europe. "What is now of paramount importance is that he receives the full support of the board and the majority shareholder. "He has a great opportunity to deliver the success that the fans deserve and the legacy his long contribution merits. "However, without the right support there remains a real risk his legacy will be tarnished. If the support is not forthcoming we stand ready to step in and do everything we can to deliver success on and off the field."

Oh I got told by an Arsenal season ticket holder I work with on site a few weeks ago, and we were discussing Everton and Usmanov. He said he’d heard that he’d had enough of not winning anything and wanted a a new man on board if he was staying.

But if you think his attitude hasn’t changed since then fair enough.

Arsenal fans have long said that Usmanov would be the answer for them compared to Kroenke, because he has publically stated he would back the team financially etc, but those who want Kroenke out and Usmanov in are also the same group that want Wenger out, so they seem to ignore anything that Usmanov has stated on the subject - which is all pro Wenger btw, and just go with the line that he'd back the team and change the manager - which he has never once stated would be his aim to do...

from april last year

“I do not think that the coach alone is to be blamed for what is happening,” Usmanov, 63, said. “Some continuity is needed. This includes the need to prepare a successor for Wenger, but in a very respectful way. I can suggest that Wenger himself can prepare a successor.”

A statement read: "I am pleased Arsene Wenger will continue to manage Arsenal for the next two years - he is one of the best coaches in Europe. "What is now of paramount importance is that he receives the full support of the board and the majority shareholder. "He has a great opportunity to deliver the success that the fans deserve and the legacy his long contribution merits. "However, without the right support there remains a real risk his legacy will be tarnished. If the support is not forthcoming we stand ready to step in and do everything we can to deliver success on and off the field."

People who are opposed to Wenger: that just underlines how far out of whack this club has become. We're basically a club sitting in rags in the gutter but some are howling down the possibility a Bentley might pull up to take us out of it because they dont think the Bentley is new enough.

You couldn't make it up.

Let's have it right: we are on the floor, and to have a manager who's built a dynasty at one place and who can still win trophies (three in the last four seasons) he would be doing us a favour by turning up here. It's highly unlikely he will, but the point stands.

Was just about to post a very similar analogy. Fancy having Sam Allardyce as manager, and not wanting Wenger here instead.

Was just about to post a very similar analogy. Fancy having Sam Allardyce as manager, and not wanting Wenger here instead.
Things are getting increasingly bizarre. We really are at the point of being a delusional fanbase when managerial greats are deemed unacceptable in the position we're in. I dont think many blues are getting it: we are completely broken as an organisation. We need our status back ASAP after the last few seasons of calamity.

I blame Moshiri for all the grand talk and his helpers in social media. They have a huge responsibility for fanning the flames of some of our fans' delusion.

People who are opposed to Wenger: that just underlines how far out of whack this club has become. We're basically a club sitting in rags in the gutter but some are howling down the possibility a Bentley might pull up to take us out of it because they dont think the Bentley is new enough.

You couldn't make it up.

Let's have it right: we are on the floor, and to have a manager who's built a dynasty at one place and who can still win trophies (three in the last four seasons) he would be doing us a favour by turning up here. It's highly unlikely he will, but the point stands.

That's being very kind to us. He's never, ever coming here. Why on earth would he, what would be the point? The most bonkers rumour I've heard in my life.

from april last year

I get that mate, I’m just saying what the lad on site said. He said been going for since the 70’s and goes in one of the corporate boxes now. He was pro Wenger himself, but he thought it was time for a change. He probably is as much ITK as me about Everton (I’m not at all), but that was his opinion.

Do you think Usmanov would still be happy after the recent results they’ve had? He might have changed his mind.

That's being very kind to us. He's never, ever coming here. Why on earth would he, what would be the point? The most bonkers rumour I've heard in my life.
It's not happening. But we need tried and tested to the highest standard we can get it. I think that's the salient point here.

Think thats a fair comment to be honest, but in memory (albeit over his whole period at that club) I think he has made some very astute signings including some for incredible value for money.

Guess my only issue with him moving into such a role at a club like ours, is the fact they have brought in a head of recruitment - probably that in itself shows the failings of him.
I agree in his first 10/12 years he made some great signings
Viera , Henry , Petit , Bergkamp, Pires Etc , but with some exceptions Sanchez Ozil Etc he seems to have lost that touch

I agree in his first 10/12 years he made some great signings
Viera , Henry , Petit , Bergkamp, Pires Etc , but with some exceptions Sanchez Ozil Etc he seems to have lost that touch
Ozil is whack. He plays very good a third of the time, and woeful two-thirds of the time. He was a disgrace against Brighton at the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back