Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly with Arsenal getting the chief Dortmund scout and signing Aubamayang and mhkitaryan it looks like Tuchel is ready made to take over there,he brought the best out of those 2 players when he manager there and they have both been big investments for Arsenal.

Don't know if anybody has already said but Tuchel and the Arsenal chief scout (Mislintat) pretty much hate each other. Never spoke for years at Dortmund and when Mislintat left he blamed Tuchel for his exit.

He explained: "I would probably never have thought of engaging with other clubs. The ban initiated by the former coach to enter the training ground and instruct me to stay away from the inner circle of players, the staff, and many friends with whom I have worked closely for years has greatly influenced my thinking.

"I've had offers in the years before, but never really thought about changing.

"I was born and raised here, I've been working for the club since 2006 and I'm a Borussian through and through."

Tuchel will probably end up at Bayern.

Can you imagine a situation where Moshiri taps up a club's manager for so long and so insistently to no avail; sees the man sacked from that club a few months later which makes him available to us on a free; then not moving for him?

I mean, if Moshiri does that - basically causing Silva's career to collapse - then leaving him high and dry, imagine what the club's reputation would be in the future if they had any other club's manager in mind and wanted to bid for them?

That makes no sense to me, and if Silva is still without a club at the end of this season I expect him delivered here as the new Everton manager.

Only way it won't happen is if we drag our heels over it and accepts a job elsewhere.

He's not my man. But absolutely nuts if he's not our coach next season. He's practically sitting at home waiting for the phone call.

Wenger's credentials as a trophy winning manger are beyond dispute. A winner for two decades.

Yeah that is unquestionable but if he was here do you think he could get a tune out of these weaklings or attract players as good as Arsenal can?

You cant really pick holes in Wenger in terms of his credentials but i just dont think he would be a good fit.

Only way it won't happen is if we drag our heels over it and accepts a job elsewhere.

He's not my man. But absolutely nuts if he's not our coach next season. He's practically sitting at home waiting for the phone call.

Having seen the way Unsworth was treated I'd be well prepared for any such by-passing of Silva. Still, if he was, at the very least it would confirm what a loose cannon Moshiri is on appointments: fanatical about a manager a few months back then cast aside.

Yeah that is unquestionable but if he was here do you think he could get a tune out of these weaklings or attract players as good as Arsenal can?

You cant really pick holes in Wenger in terms of his credentials but i just dont think he would be a good fit.
He'd have some clearing out to do. Half of these player cant pass a ball 5 yards. But on the discipline side, yes I defo think his reputation would count for a lot.

He'd have some clearing out to do. Half of these player cant pass a ball 5 yards. But on the discipline side, yes I defo think his reputation would count for a lot.
Wenger not coming, they won’t sack him, he have to leave, which he won’t and if he was to leave, he would probably take a break before becoming the manger of France

Having seen the way Unsworth was treated I'd be well prepared for any such by-passing of Silva. Still, if he was, at the very least it would confirm what a loose cannon Moshiri is on appointments: fanatical about a manager a few months back then cast aside.
I think Dave that would depend on who is eventually appointed.

I just have this feeling that Moshiri may have realised that appointing a manager is not as easy as he or his advisors thought.

I have a feeling that he will go all out to attract a big name next time.
Silva would be exciting but would also carry a high level of risk.

I just have this feeling that Moshiri may have realised that appointing a manager is not as easy as he or his advisors thought.

I don't think any true big-name manager wouldn't come near us without an enormous budget and free rein to do as he pleased.

We are not an attractive proposition in our state, and the amount of people with their fingers in the pie, Walsh et al, just make us more unappealing IMO.

If we can persuade Fonseca to take us on, I'll be delighted.

It depends what you mean in terms of big names. Fonseca?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back