Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Fonseca will have a choice of bigger and better clubs to go to during the summer especially if Shakhtar keep going the way they are in the CL at the moment. The only way i see it happening is if we already have some sort of deal in place with him.
Money will clinch it. He's not on the radar of elite CL clubs. He either signs for us or decides he wants to join a club who'll get as far as the CL group stage.

I think Fonseca will have a choice of bigger and better clubs to go to during the summer especially if Shakhtar keep going the way they are in the CL at the moment. The only way i see it happening is if we already have some sort of deal in place with him.
With the nobheads running us atm I have no faith that they have sounded anyone out yet......this will be left until the new season starts imo. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I think that if we were to appoint Silva now we would be back into compensation territory with Watford and I don't see that turning out well.
Hardly. It was their choice to fire him. The only thing they could avoid is having to pay Silva his compensation which they already are doing.

Wenger's problem is that he has been at one club for far too long and has gone stale as a result. It's obvious that the Arsenal players are not listening to him anymore.

He still believes he can manage at the top level of the PL. If he came here it would be a massive challenge to show our lot how to play football and instil a winning mentality. The club needs a major overhaul from a playing POV and he would seem to be an ideal candidate to tackle this given his experience, so it is not a surprise to learn that Moshiri might be interested.

Even if it was just an appointment for 2 years or so it could totally change the mentality at the club which many of us agree has been the biggest problem for a long time, and it would be nicely set up for a younger successor. And he'd have a bit of cash to spend to tempt him.

Here's hoping anyway.

Worrying part for me is we struggled to get in our first choice in when koeman went and are in a worse position now. Moshiri really needs to put his money where his mouth is in these next 6 months, new manager, rebalancing the squad is going to be massively expensive.

I'd imagine we will likely be seeking a replacement for Walsh in the summer too following the disastrous recruitment. We've brought in good players but they don't fit any kind of system. Still playing with cuco at left back and only just getting a striker in the team, who is seen to be our long term striking option, 6 months after lukaku went is outright negligent.

Wenger's problem is that he has been at one club for far too long and has gone stale as a result. It's obvious that the Arsenal players are not listening to him anymore.

He still believes he can manage at the top level of the PL. If he came here it would be a massive challenge to show our lot how to play football and instil a winning mentality. The club needs a major overhaul from a playing POV and he would seem to be an ideal candidate to tackle this given his experience, so it is not a surprise to learn that Moshiri might be interested.

Even if it was just an appointment for 2 years or so it could totally change the mentality at the club which many of us agree has been the biggest problem for a long time, and it would be nicely set up for a younger successor. And he'd have a bit of cash to spend to tempt him.

Here's hoping anyway.
Do you think wenger is still capable of instilling that winning mentality though? The blokes 70 odd, I'm not being ageist or anything but surely there comes a time when your knowledge and experience of something starts to wane with age and he is becoming increasingly less relatable with his players. The other day he was in a presser talking about taking his trousers off.

The longer and longer wenger goes on the more he seems to cut an isolated and beaten figure to me, maybe that's just him at arsenal but maybe it's him in the game. He's clearly stayed there too long. I do admire his stubbornness in wanting to stay to achieve something with them and he's obviously one of the best managers in league history.

I'm just not sure if he has that pull and charisma he used to have, arsenal have lost a number of big name players in recent years and the ones they bring in are seemingly less sought after by other clubs in the first place. Saying that I'm positive any new signing would be more allured to EFC where they to be meeting arsene wenger and a glass of somewhere exotics finest than Sam and his incessant chomping on a piece of Wrigley's with accompanying dribble marks.

Any suggestions of Wenger being considered need to be kicked into touch.

The next manager we need were talking at least 5 Years to sort of he mess left behind by the former rabble.

Wenger will not be the answer a 75 year old in the dugout

Fonseca is the man to lead us back to the top, he has a way of playing that will make his team compete with the best, this is the way to go

Any suggestions of Wenger being considered need to be kicked into touch.

The next manager we need were talking at least 5 Years to sort of he mess left behind by the former rabble.

Wenger will not be the answer a 75 year old in the dugout

Fonseca is the man to lead us back to the top, he has a way of playing that will make his team compete with the best, this is the way to go

Aye, we need young and hungry. Most clubs don’t replace someone with a ‘proven’ manager, so you’ve take to take a punt on the best available. This guy appears to be the one.

Any chance we could still get Nuno? Forgot all about him.

Well, very interesting point. You'd have to pass it by the GOT experience council though. Has he got top flight experience? Has he got enough experience? Has he got the right experience? Has he got EFC standard experience?

But in all seriousness he looks to be a very good coach and we shouldn't be dismissing him out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back