Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that one good result or one bad result is going to make a difference regarding the position of manager going forward.

I think the availability of certain managers is the key. I don't think we will be looking at Dyche, Howe or maybe others we have been linked with , even Silva.

I think that we may go all out for a high profile successful manager and if we have to wait twelve months to get him then we may do so. In that circumstance we could see Sam stay for another season, but I think availability of our preferred targets is key.

I don't think that one good result or one bad result is going to make a difference regarding the position of manager going forward.

I think the availability of certain managers is the key. I don't think we will be looking at Dyche, Howe or maybe others we have been linked with , even Silva.

I think that we may go all out for a high profile successful manager and if we have to wait twelve months to get him then we may do so. In that circumstance we could see Sam stay for another season, but I think availability of our preferred targets is key.

I don't think we can afford to thread water for another 12 months waiting for a big-name/ideal candidate that may never materialise. There is too much threading water going on and nothing indicates that Moshiri sees Sam as anything other than a stop-gap as the initial contract offer to Sam was for six months as we know.

Our general poor form, Sam's age, his unpopularity, the short-term contract, and his failure to address the general sense of malaise at the club (or even adding to it) will all dictate that they choose to pay up and get rid.

We all want to aim high and attract the best available. It really is a function of time and circumstance though. We certainly need to attract the biggest and best of those available to us, but what we want and who we get are two very different things. I'll be happy at this stage with Silva or Fonseca, whilst having more misgivings about Silva. The likes of Tuchel, Simeone etc, are off the agenda and were never on it. As long as our process is thorough and well executed, the person that comes through will just have to get on with it. We can't have a repeat of this season under any circumstances.

I don't think we can afford to thread water for another 12 months waiting for a big-name/ideal candidate that may never materialise. There is too much threading water going on and nothing indicates that Moshiri sees Sam as anything other than a stop-gap as the initial contract offer to Sam was for six months as we know.

Our general poor form, Sam's age, his unpopularity, the short-term contract, and his failure to address the general sense of malaise at the club (or even adding to it) will all dictate that they choose to pay up and get rid.

We all want to aim high and attract the best available. It really is a function of time and circumstance though. We certainly need to attract the biggest and best of those available to us, but what we want and who we get are two very different things. I'll be happy at this stage with Silva or Fonseca, whilst having more misgivings about Silva. The likes of Tuchel, Simeone etc, are off the agenda and were never on it. As long as our process is thorough and well executed, the person that comes through will just have to get on with it. We can't have a repeat of this season under any circumstances.
I think the problem with us fans is that we want everything now. We want the new stadium now , we want a new manager now.
Waiting to get the stadium funding and design right is worth the wait.
Waiting for the right manager is also worth the wait. I don't want a manager in just to get Sam out.
I want the next manager to be the one that turns us back into being a serious club at the very top level of the premiership.

If the Independent is right about Silva going to Benfica, it's even more important that we get Fonseca signed and sealed as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back