Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that Fonseca seems to be tactically aware at UCL level, and has also managed for now to hold off Kyiv domestically, which was not a given with Lucescu’s departure.

Those are two plus points over Silva IMO. Silva does know the league here of course, but that’s overrated.

I expect Silva to be manager here by the end of May. For a coach of his age, he has a range of experience in different leagues and not had the opportunity to really stamp his approach or authority on a club. At least he offers the prospect of decent football in line with what we like to expect.

I don’t think it will get any better for us than either of those two really, and whoever we get will have an element of risk. We can’t expect nor can we offer any certainty.

Silva would be the last person I would turn to in a relegation fight, it would be like taking a plastic fireguard to a bonfire.
Take a look at his impact at both Hull and Watford. First 8/10 games.

That saves a club an awful lot of cash if replicated in a relegation scrap.

The reputation of the club has taken an almighty knock under Allardyce. It cant be allowed to continue into next season.

The club received a huge kick in the balls courtesy of Koeman.
Twas reckless signing so many unproven players and unsettling others.
Allardyce was a move motivated by perceived desperation.
We're safe(ish).

Lets go for managerial quality. Soon.

The club received a huge kick in the balls courtesy of Koeman.
Twas reckless signing so many unproven players and unsettling others.
Allardyce was a move motivated by perceived desperation.
We're safe(ish).

Lets go for managerial quality. Soon.
Yep. I cant stand his play, but no question that the home form has been pretty good, and he has us beating teams below us in those games and keeping them at bay.

End of season though it has to be adios. Never mind all his talk about proving himself and doing the full 18 months. He needs to GTF because he truly is hopeless as a football manager in most respects.

And I cant see any superstar manager coming here until we have a squad of players capable of actually playing decent, technically proficient football in place.

The reputation of the club has taken an almighty knock under Allardyce. It cant be allowed to continue into next season.
Koeman it started under. When Martinez left a similar manager should have come in with a similar ethos. The fact we decided to almost literally throw everything out, to this day, made no sense. You say "well Martinez had decent ideas but no idea how to get a defense to actually defend" so you get someone who can make a few tweaks with that and stop the pointless sideways passing to nowhere.

Instead they go with Koeman's idea of "well, ok, thats football" and decides we want to see grocks with no end product running down the bylines and then crossing to only one target man in the entire world.

Koeman it started under. When Martinez left a similar manager should have come in with a similar ethos. The fact we decided to almost literally throw everything out, to this day, made no sense. You say "well Martinez had decent ideas but no idea how to get a defense to actually defend" so you get someone who can make a few tweaks with that and stop the pointless sideways passing to nowhere.

Instead they go with Koeman's idea of "well, ok, thats football" and decides we want to see grocks with no end product running down the bylines and then crossing to only one target man in the entire world.
Spot on mate. The whole organisation had been shaped for three years to play in a certain manner. In comes that Dutch divvy and trashes it all and has them running round doing some half arsed gegenpresse with a touch of long ball thrown in. The feller was clueless.

We need a method and to stick to it.

Can’t see how/why people would want Silva still tbh. Sack by two clubs and relegated with one. IMO could actually be a downgrade on Allardyce. Need to aim higher if we are to replace him.

Why not talk about when he ripped Chelsea to bits at the bridge 3-0 earlier this year?

Because ones an anomaly, the others a trend.

Got s team he has entirely built rather than inherited, and they ship goals for fun, their game today and against the rs, they played so openly it was like watching a Martinez second season team all over again.

The game against the rs, was the most niave I've seen

I’m hopeful Moshiri has felt the anguish of the whole fan base with the panic signing of Allardyce, and realises he’s got to get it bang on this time or else risk wasting his investment. A new stadium on the horizon but saddled with Allardyce could be a recipe for disaster because Allardyce won’t put bums on seats ( he’ll put them in Blue shirts....).
We need to go big. Flash our panties at the best we can and give them a salary that will turn their head and give them complete autonomy without a DOF. A decent manager with full control, and equally having full responsibility if it goes South, is the only way forward.
Forget your Eddie Howes, your Sean Dyches and even your Marco Silvas....shoot big and chase someone with real pedigree. A big wedge and a half decent project will definitely turn a few heads of managers most fans think might be out of our league. There’s a nice bit of insurance too when you consider Moyes, Roberto and Koeman’s next job after Everton were United, Belgium and Holland respectively....pretty much win-win scenario for a high profile manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back