Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Emery would be great!
That wouldnt suprise me as he was on the original list with Koeman ..
Personally what I want in a manager is someone who wants to build a team to win...to motivate and make the players believe they can give anyone a game no matter who they are playing..to instill a never give up attitude .
To improve the team year on year, to provide a playing style and identity, be committed to this club, and have a burning ambition to win things.....from Derbies to silverware.
He would need to transpose that type of mentality on his players and accept nothing less.
Only then will any manager coming in be a success.
Thats the importance of this position..not necessarily who it is but what they are and their character will mean everything and define what will happen to this club.

That wouldnt suprise me as he was on the original list with Koeman ..
Personally what I want in a manager is someone who wants to build a team to win...to motivate and make the players believe they can give anyone a game no matter who they are playing..to instill a never give up attitude .
To improve the team year on year, to provide a playing style and identity, be committed to this club, and have a burning ambition to win things.....from Derbies to silverware.
He would need to transpose that type of mentality on his players and accept nothing less.
Only then will any manager coming in be a success.
Thats the importance of this position..not necessarily who it is but what they are and their character will mean everything and define what will happen to this club.

I think we need a "builder" for the next phase of our development.

Someone with the patience to spend 5+ years here building a squad up, training players into their system and really committed to the club.

Probably someone near the start of their career.

I'd obviously be delighted with either Blanc or Emery as well but doubtful we'd attract them.

Team Fonseca for me but if we are going down the Director of Football route that appointment is arguably even more important.

I think we need a "builder" for the next phase of our development.

Someone with the patience to spend 5+ years here building a squad up, training players into their system and really committed to the club.

Probably someone near the start of their career.

I'd obviously be delighted with either Blanc or Emery as well but doubtful we'd attract them.

Team Fonseca for me but if we are going down the Director of Football route that appointment is arguably even more important.

Anyone willing to spend 5 years building us up would need a thick skin or be lucky enough never to face a setback. I do agree though.

Seen a lot of people say that a new manager would come in and “easily” get us to 7th, but actually think a new manager has a hell of a job on his hands coming in with this squad.

Half of them are either crap or have a shocking attitude, a further quarter are either youngsters or past it, and finally the remaining quarter consists of decent players. Hell of a job to sort that mess out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back