Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think that all came from the Terry, Lampard power struggle at Chelsea.And as said earlier winning a treble including the EL and a few cups is hardly failure.

Include that rat Ashley Cole in that as well; IIRC he tried to break them up because they had to much influence in th dressing room and it massivley backfired on him

Include that rat Ashley Cole in that as well; IIRC he tried to break them up because they had to much influence in th dressing room and it massivley backfired on him
https://chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/the-power-struggle/
"Under AVB the likes of Lampard, Terry and Drogba where all being phased out of the team, to make way to the new breed of Chelsea youngsters like Lukaku for instance. These three players alone all have big egos and a lot of power at the club, as you can see in John Terry`s interviews he refers to the clubs owner personally by calling him ‘Roman` showing he has a close relationship with the man wielding the axe of resignation, whereas some of the other younger players who aren`t as high up in the Chelsea hierarchy refer to the owner purely as ‘the board`.

Also we can see throughout other past managers (and there`s a lot of them) such as Scolari, post-firing the newspapers were reporting about disputes, divides in the dressing-room and players such as Cech, Ballack and Drogba asking the owner to fire the manager, who at the time was still in the Champions League, FA Cup and 3rd in the league.

Scolari later stated to The Sun:

“If results don`t get you the sack then the players will”. "

Didn't he clear off mid-season after failing in China to go rally driving ... and crashed his car. Joke. No thanks AVB
"Shanghai SIPG announced Villas-Boas left the club on 30 November 2017 after he refused to extend his contract for another year"
Not quite the same thing!

"Shanghai SIPG announced Villas-Boas left the club on 30 November 2017 after he refused to extend his contract for another year"
Not quite the same thing!

Fair enough. Still wanted to jack them in to go driving and crashed barely past a quarter of the way around. Don't get me wrong I'm all for new experiences but 'ginger foreign manager fooks club and season with rash decision making' already has a painful familiarity to it...

Fair enough. Still wanted to jack them in to go driving and crashed barely past a quarter of the way around. Don't get me wrong I'm all for new experiences but 'ginger foreign manager fooks club and season with rash decision making' already has a painful familiarity to it...
They wanted him to stay because he was doing really well not failing,as I said hardly the same thing as jumping ship.

Thought he went to Chelsea with the MO to break up the old boys club of ya Lampard's, Terry's, Drogba and that because Abramhovic had had enough of them all.

Abramhovic bottled it and saw his arse and gave into them all yet again.

https://chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/the-power-struggle/
"Under AVB the likes of Lampard, Terry and Drogba where all being phased out of the team, to make way to the new breed of Chelsea youngsters like Lukaku for instance. These three players alone all have big egos and a lot of power at the club, as you can see in John Terry`s interviews he refers to the clubs owner personally by calling him ‘Roman` showing he has a close relationship with the man wielding the axe of resignation, whereas some of the other younger players who aren`t as high up in the Chelsea hierarchy refer to the owner purely as ‘the board`.

Also we can see throughout other past managers (and there`s a lot of them) such as Scolari, post-firing the newspapers were reporting about disputes, divides in the dressing-room and players such as Cech, Ballack and Drogba asking the owner to fire the manager, who at the time was still in the Champions League, FA Cup and 3rd in the league.

Scolari later stated to The Sun:

“If results don`t get you the sack then the players will”. "
Which would have made sense, but he didn’t give Rom a chance either and indeed mishandled him so badly that Lukaku was more annoyed at him than he was by Mourinho. Don’t think the young players at Spurs were any more impressed with him either.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/may/21/romelu-lukaku-villas-boas-chelsea
The 19-year-old has accused Villas-Boas of ostracising him from the day he arrived at the club. Lukaku was signed for £18m at the start of Villas-Boas's reign as part of a long-standing scouting project but he was hardly given a look-in.

Lukaku told Sportwereld: "There is one person that I will never forgive for what he did to me – the previous coach. It's not just that. It was also the way he spoke to me and treated me.

"Right from the beginning, it was weird. I could not stand how he was treating me. I received no explanation. In training, he put me on the right or left wing. In training matches, I was a substitute with a shirt to keep swapping teams. I really learned nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back