Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky saying 5 year deal. For a manager who got sacked by Watford. And relegated. In less than a year.

They better have that language figured out significantly better than they did with Koeman and Martinez

haha 5 years, were a joke, he instanly has no reason to make any kind of an effort, how do we expect him to last five years when this will be his fifth club in that length of time, madness

Sky saying 5 year deal. For a manager who got sacked by Watford. And relegated. In less than a year.

They better have that language figured out significantly better than they did with Koeman and Martinez
Bit of a simplistic take on it that though isn't it?

Hull were adrift before he went there, sold their best players and provided him with Oumar Niasse, and he nearly rescued them.

He was doing better than us at Watford before we butted in, and he has previous CL experience as well as PL experience.

5 years is a great idea in this case.

- If a 'massive club' wants to appoint him, will cost a lot to buy-him out
- Instantly says to the big earners / characters in the dressing room that Silva is here for a while
- Reiterates the continuity we want

Good call

How is a manager who “mentally switched off” when we became interested , going to handle getting booed off at Goodison after a 1-1 draw?

5 years is a great idea in this case.

- If a 'massive club' wants to appoint him, will cost a lot to buy-him out
- Instantly says to the big earners / characters in the dressing room that Silva is here for a while
- Reiterates the continuity we want

Good call
Exactly what I said yesterday. If you sign him up to a 12 month or two year deal, that immediately screams “we’re not sure about this bloke” right from the get go and puts doubts there straight away.

A long term deal makes perfect sense in this case. Gives more stability, shows we have faith in him and his abilities and shows we’re trying to build something after a difficult few years.

I’m sure there’ll be certain things written in to the contract to protect the club if the worst happens.

I’m sure there’ll be certain things written in to the contract to protect the club if the worst happens.
"If we sack you for being utter penguin sick we'll pay you triple what we owe for the remainder of the contract so long as you don't sue us for the remainder of the contract"

Exactly what I said yesterday. If you sign him up to a 12 month or two year deal, that immediately screams “we’re not sure about this bloke” right from the get go and puts doubts there straight away.

A long term deal makes perfect sense in this case. Gives more stability, shows we have faith in him and his abilities and shows we’re trying to build something after a difficult few years.

Glad we agree IanFrandel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back