Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my biggest concern, Groucho.

He didn’t “nearly” rescue Hull....he had already rescued them and things were looking good for them with three matches left.

He had them in the lifeboat and a fairly calm sea to row away in......home to already relegated Sunderland where a win would leave them four or five points clear of Swansea who were playing later that day.

They lost.

Hull collapsed in those final three games....it was way worse than owt that had came before his arrival.

I think they lost those last three games by an aggregate of 13-1 :Blink:

In fact, I do believe their last six games yielded one win, one draw and four defeats.

From memory, Hull ended up further from safety in the final placings than they were on the day of his arrival.

Look. I will give him 100% support if and when he comes in here but I for one do not find his record at Hull any glowing recommendation :(
I have always wondered what an apologist looks like.

Disappoint to target Silva,West Ham also target "big name" manager,we still target on 2nd class manager,we fail in the past three managers and they are all "potential good managers",we don't learn the lesson,and find the 4th "potential good manager",why we don't choose some proven managers and take high risk of failure again?
Can you say that again but in a language we all have a chance of understanding.

Disappoint to target Silva,West Ham also target "big name" manager,we still target on 2nd class manager,we fail in the past three managers and they are all "potential good managers",we don't learn the lesson,and find the 4th "potential good manager",why we don't choose some proven managers and take high risk of failure again?

I think the reason is mostly that those proven managers don't want to come here because it's not a club competing for anything, domestically nor European. They want to be in those situations without a big rebuild job. They want the prestige not the cash.

Also would one of these managers be happy to have a DoF who by his own statement likes to get involved in all aspects? Seems like potential for clashes. It's worked before of course...

He didn’t “nearly” rescue Hull....he had already rescued them and things were looking good for them with three matches left.

He had them in the lifeboat and a fairly calm sea to row away in......home to already relegated Sunderland where a win would leave them four or five points clear of Swansea who were playing later that day.

They lost.

Hull collapsed in those final three games....it was way worse than owt that had came before his arrival.

In fact, I do believe their last six games yielded one win, one draw and four defeats.

From memory, Hull ended up further from safety in the final placings than they were on the day of his arrival.

Look. I will give him 100% support if and when he comes in here but I for one do not find his record at Hull any glowing recommendation :(
Can you judge a managers entire career on three high pressure games with a crap side?

5 years is a great idea in this case.

- If a 'massive club' wants to appoint him, will cost a lot to buy-him out
- Instantly says to the big earners / characters in the dressing room that Silva is here for a while
- Reiterates the continuity we want

Good call
Makes more sense than 3 years with a massive extension after a good year.

They lost.

The fact that he got them into a position where they had a fighting chance of survival was an acheimvent in itself, given that squad was absolutely mince and they’d won 1 in 10 before be arrived.

Hull were doomed that season before a ball was kicked due to the complete lack of backing from the owners.

They lost.

Very harsh that.

To say that the last 3 games was 'way worse' than anything that had come before is really pushing it I think, when you're talking about a team that had only won one out of the 18 games prior to him taking over and had results like a 6-1 defeat by Bournemouth in the early part of the season. I think the Sunderland game was just one of those days for them, they were the better side but didn't take their chances and it cost them. That's happened to much better sides than Hull. The Palace game was a game they knew they had to win or they'd be relegated, they conceded a ridiculous goal in the first minute or something and just folded late on because they knew the game was up. The Spurs game is very difficult to criticise them for because they were already down, and playing the second best side in the league who had a striker desperate to score goals to get the Golden Boot award. It was never going to be pretty.

I don't know if Silva is the answer, but judging him on a handful of games with dreadful sides isn't helpful in my opinion.

It's gone from "what if his head turns again" to "5 year deal? stupid everton!!" Jesus christ.
Surely you can see why? When his head supposedly got turned by us, what was the end result? He was sacked. That happens with us, we are in the hook for the rest of the contract if nothing is put in there.

The fact that he got them into a position where they had a fighting chance of survival was an acheimvent in itself, given that squad was absolutely mince and they’d won 1 in 10 before be arrived.

Hull were doomed that season before a ball was kicked due to the complete lack of backing from the owners.

Didn't Huddlestone post a pic of their pre-season, where they only had 8 senior pros?

Or they lost to Sunderland, heads went down thinking that’s that & he couldn’t pick them back up for the final two games?

Exactly.

Good managers are able to “pick” up crestfallen players for important games.....that is the difference between the good ones and the bad ones ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back