Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the narrative of the Watford board, why are we taking it as verbatim? I don't buy it; everything about their board reeks of incompetence and I read that as a convenient excuse. I think the speculation unsettled a pretty poor squad and they plummeted; nothing the manager can do about something like that if they're mentally weak.

The fact is before the speculation he had them playing very well.

ok then his form dipped that badly they had to sack him , and hire the Spanish sam allardyce, a known firefighter to stop the rot at Watford.

tells me all I need to know about the feller

That's the narrative of the Watford board, why are we taking it as verbatim? I don't buy it; everything about their board reeks of incompetence and I read that as a convenient excuse. I think the speculation unsettled a pretty poor squad and they plummeted; nothing the manager can do about something like that if they're mentally weak.

The fact is before the speculation he had them playing very well.

Everything about our board reeks of incompetence!!!

ok then his form dipped that badly they had to sack him , and hire the Spanish sam allardyce, a known firefighter to stop the rot at Watford.

tells me all I need to know about the feller

Statistically, if he was at Hull all season, he would have had them finishing 10th on 46 points the season they went down.

That's more useful information to me than what happened when the Watford board failed completely to properly handle an approach for their manager and have acted with an incredible lack of professionalism ever since.

For me, his hiring makes total sense and I'm not going to write him off when his record is actually somewhat decent when you look at it objectively. Not stellar, but then our most successful manager in the last 20 years was a guy who came from Preston North End and we're coming off the back of a season where we were comfortably the worst team in the league and we're ran by a egotistical fraud of a chairman, so why people are expecting Unai Emery to merrily trot to the Goodison dugout with a smile on his face is beyond me.

Olympiacos - Won the league in his single season - record of 11 consecutive league wins. He decided to leave for "personal reasons"

Hull City - No escaping the fact he was relegated but it could be said when he was appointed they were rock bottom and he was on a hiding to nothing. He did well to give them a fighting chance and says a lot that Hull wanted to keep him after they were relegated.

Watford - Was doing brilliantly, no doubt Everton's approach rocked the boat there but even when he was sacked - consider this quote "On the face of it, Silva's sacking is controversial. After all, Watford remain in the top half of the Premier League table - a position that, if maintained, would represent the club's best league finish in over 30 years and the third best in their entire history"

Anyone listenening to the fella from Arsenal now on Talk Sport? Interesting stuff, 8 people they interviwed for the managers role, 8, but were going for one?
And you know we're only going for Silva, how?? Just because the media aren't reporting other names doesn't mean we're not/haven't being speaking to several candidates.

Olympiacos - Won the league in his single season - record of 11 consecutive league wins. He decided to leave for "personal reasons"

Hull City - No escaping the fact he was relegated but it could be said when he was appointed they were rock bottom and he was on a hiding to nothing. He did well to give them a fighting chance and says a lot that Hull wanted to keep him after they were relegated.

Watford - Was doing brilliantly, no doubt Everton's approach rocked the boat there but even when he was sacked - consider this quote "On the face of it, Silva's sacking is controversial. After all, Watford remain in the top half of the Premier League table - a position that, if maintained, would represent the club's best league finish in over 30 years and the third best in their entire history"

the utter state of our manager search... olympiacos, hull and Watford.

Mauricio Pochettino had only managed Espanyol and Southampton before moving to Tottenham...
yes, but he had done very very well with a very weakened saints team. he didn't start off well and then give up and lapse into relegation form, so bad, that he needed binning off and a firefighter brought in to rescue the club

The #1 question has to be "is this person going to take us into the top 6". This has to be the question for every person we bring in, whether in management or on the field. Theres no sense in bringing in a manager, or players, that arent capable of that level. They must be better than all but 5 others in the league. I think Brands is likely that, though we will see how he adjusts to the step up. Is Silva that? I have serious doubts he is. I think there are managers who have already proven they are, like AVB. But I think ultimately this is Brands choice, which gives me a bit more comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back