Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that he got them into a position where they had a fighting chance of survival was an acheimvent in itself, given that squad was absolutely mince and they’d won 1 in 10 before be arrived.

Hull were doomed that season before a ball was kicked due to the complete lack of backing from the owners.

But they weren’t doomed with six matches to go.

And they had it well within their own hands with three games remaining.

And an open goal to aim at for the first of them ;)

People are dumping on Silva too quickly over what happened with Hull and Watford and not mentioning the fact he went an entire season unbeaten in Greece (that's an achievement for a manager in any league) and winning Porto a trophy. He's ambitious and will do anything to win, those are attributes that are a must for any manager we look at.

He motivated a dead and buried Hull well enough to the poin that they nearly pulled off the most unlikely scape in top flight history. He had Watford in the top half playing some brilliant stuff with a bang average squad.

Don't think he should get a 5 year deal like but I'm definitely intrigued to see what he can do with our squad and what type of relationship he can form with the supporters.

The fact that he got them into a position where they had a fighting chance of survival was an acheimvent in itself, given that squad was absolutely mince and they’d won 1 in 10 before be arrived.

Hull were doomed that season before a ball was kicked due to the complete lack of backing from the owners.

he worked wonders, to start, and got them OUT of the bottom 3.

it all went tits up and he lost his last 3 by a margin of 13-1 and got relegated.

sign him up.

People are dumping on Silva too quickly over what happened with Hull and Watford and not mentioning the fact he went an entire season unbeaten in Greece (that's an achievement for a manager in any league) and winning Porto a trophy. He's ambitious and will do anything to win, those are attributes that are a must for any manager we look at.

He motivated a dead and buried Hull well enough to the poin that they nearly pulled off the most unlikely scape in top flight history. He had Watford in the top half playing some brilliant stuff with a bang average squad.

Don't think he should get a 5 year deal like but I'm definitely intrigued to see what he can do with our squad and what type of relationship he can form with the supporters.

he has never managed porto.

and by your way of thinking we should be all over roy hodgson who kept palace up and actually got them a mid table finish when they hadn't even scored a goal let alone got a point.

he worked wonders, to start, and got them OUT of the bottom 3.

it all went tits up and he lost his last 3 by a margin of 13-1 and got relegated.

sign him up.

So arguably in England he has got two poor sides playing above and beyond themselves for periods of time, before lapsing to at worst their default ability.

How has he failed exactly? It's like people expected him to be challenging for Europe with Watford and Hull - prior to Evertonians going on this self-entitled charade about who's 'good enough' to be manager, Silva was lauded for doing a decent job at both clubs before it went sour at the end at Watford, largely because of the Watford boards incompetence. The argument could easily be made that under another manager, Hull would have went down much earlier and Watford would have had a much more sustained poor run due to the lack of quality in the squad.

Realistically then who do you suggest?

Oh, I am not suggesting anyone else.

I am OK with him coming.

He is the type of manager we should have been hiring after Bobby was fired....try and build on what he envisaged for the club.

I think we all got the taste for adventurous, fearless football and that is what the club should have continued to seek.

Instead we got lumbered with Koeman and Sam with shocking consequences.

That I am underwhelming by his performance at Watford and completely at a loss to see why the Hull collapse is being swept under the carpet by many of our friends on here does not put me off him altogether.

Why is this?

Because someone, I cannot recall who, pointed out the other day that Silva hit the ground running at both those clubs before running out of steam.

That had not occurred to me before.

And I have enough belief in EFC that happen he does that here the fans momentum allied to the board backing him in the market then this time he will not falter and this could be the start of sommat big.

So arguably in England he has got two poor sides playing above and beyond themselves for periods of time, before lapsing to at worst their default ability.

How has he failed exactly? It's like people expected him to be challenging for Europe with Watford and Hull - prior to Evertonians going on this self-entitled charade about who's 'good enough' to be manager, Silva was lauded for doing a decent job at both clubs before it went sour at the end at Watford, largely because of the Watford boards incompetence. The argument could easily be made that under another manager, Hull would have went down much earlier and Watford would have had a much more sustained poor run due to the lack of quality in the squad.

mate he GAVE UP at Watford and got sacked.

sign him up tho yeah

NSNO

mate he GAVE UP at Watford and got sacked.

sign him up tho yeah

NSNO

That's the narrative of the Watford board, why are we taking it as verbatim? I don't buy it; everything about their board reeks of incompetence and I read that as a convenient excuse. I think the speculation unsettled a pretty poor squad and they plummeted; nothing the manager can do about something like that if they're mentally weak.

The fact is before the speculation he had them playing very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back