Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be the same issue for any new manager. Martinez refused to acknowledge defence as important. Had he done that we would have been a much better team. I don't think, or at least i hope he isnt that stubborn.

It looks like Silva is our next manager so you'll just have to get behind him and hope he proves you wrong.
I really hope he proves me wrong, I really, really do.

Why other clubs target "big name manager", we can only target Silva or Howe?

Pellegrini is only cost £7m per year in West Ham, Ancelotti is only cost 6.5m euro per year in Napoli. Emery cost £6m per year in Arsenal. RK cost £6m per year in our club, Silva rumor cost us £8m per year, Pellegrini, Emery and Ancelotti are champion managers, instead both Silva and Howe are not the proven managers when compared to them, why our club don't approach some "big name" managers to show their ambition?

God no, would take Arteta before him.

Ive seen hoovers with more personality than Eddie Howe.
Could work out though with Brands in charge of everything else while the manager is simply a coach. I'd rather Silva or AVB though but my point is, it could work out with the new system.

Pellegrini is only cost £7m per year in West Ham, Ancelotti is only cost 6.5m euro per year in Napoli. Emery cost £6m per year in Arsenal. RK cost £6m per year in our club, Silva rumor cost us £8m per year, Pellegrini, Emery and Ancelotti are champion managers, instead both Silva and Howe are not the proven managers when compared to them, why our club don't approach some "big name" managers to show their ambition?
We don’t really know that they haven’t? None of us know for sure who Everton have approached. But we have to be realistic and accept that most managers see us a basket case club at present. Yes our owner has money, and yes we may be moving to a new stadium, but right here and now, we are a shambles! Any manager with a reputation would look at us very much with that in mind! A reputation is a fragile thing, they take years to build up, weeks to erode!

God no, would take Arteta before him.

Ive seen hoovers with more personality than Eddie Howe.

Hetty-Hoover-10-Hoover-Bags-1-768x679.jpg

Could work out though with Brands in charge of everything else while the manager is simply a coach. I'd rather Silva or AVB though but my point is, it could work out with the new system.

Just said the same to a frandel.

To me, the manager isnt the most important person atm, Brands is the 1, not just in terms of recruitment, but in terms of getting the club firing in all aspects.

Howe to me is just a Moyes, he can make hungry players perform, but he has no experience of football at the level we aspire to be.

Silva does, AVB does.

Clearly the manager is important, but Brands is the key.

Pellegrini was approached last time, failed his interview by all accounts, hes a short term appointment, not what we are after at all.

Personally I dont consider him all that, his record isnt amazing IMO.

Emery has joined Arsenal, a team that mostly plays CL football and wins things.

Carlo has joined Napoli, see above.

As I keep saying, top level managers dont follow the money, they follow the glory, they join clubs that can grow their brand, CL football, winning cups, challenging for trophies is worth more than an extra 2m a year.

Everton is a club that wins nothing and doesnt challenge, it doesnt grow anybodies brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back