Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted this in the Koeman thread, but probably more relevant here...

Think we need to think very carefully about who we appoint now. A decision needs to be taken by Walsh and the board about how we want to play as a team. We then need to appoint a coach who plays that way - the whole point of a DoF model is to minimise the disruption that changing manager/head coach makes when necessary

One of the biggest issues with Koeman was that we never seemed to have an identity - let's make a decision about what that identity should be and make an appointment accordingly (and plan transfer activity around it), ripping it up and starting again every time we change manager isn't the way to make this model work.

...surely Moshiri has a team considering candidates from across the globe. Perhaps the appointment is someone not mentioned but doing a fine job somewhere.
He explained the Koeman appointment by saying he wanted a star to stand on the touchline.

He values star power. That suggests to me he'll aim high. I think Ancelotti will be top of his list, even if I don't fancy our chances of actually getting him.

The facts are we’ve never won anything without an ex-player in charge, do we go with passion or try again for a foreign coach approach?
Unfortunately there are no ex players with the required experience. All the successful former managers you allude to had previous experience managing first teams. We appointed Bingham ,a former player, whose managerial record was hum drum and he won us nothing, despite taking over a Catterick side.
Passion on its own wins you nowt.

What do people think about Sean Dyche? I don't know much about his playing style and success, apart from the fact that he looks like an 'unfashionable' manager, but does anyone know if he's likely to have the style and skills and aggression to take us forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back