Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like Tuchel, but pretty sure they'll want PL experience. So realistically Dyche or Silva. Silva going down, despite doing good job, too reminiscent of Martinez. So Det Insp Dyche, innit.

I just think signing some foreign coach because of his name doesn't guarantee results.
what would ancelloti for example care if he fails here , he has nothing to prove.
look at koeman.

Better than Dyche or Unsworth.

TT is obviously on team TT but I doubt that's even remotely realistic. So team Mancini at least has some chance.
Mancini is a highly strung tit who falls out with people left and right - makes Koeman look like a friendly people person. He wouldn't last one week working with our squad of misfits.

Feel that our problems aren't going to be solved by a systems-type manager who is going to sit back and lay down some sort of blueprint for successful play with the existing squad. Seems to me like it needs to be someone much more hands on and involved with the players one to one, as they're lacking confidence, inspiration, and leadership on the park atm. Which normally means someone younger - someone who could do both would be great, obv.

Whats the boxes he needs to tick?

PL experience?
PL track record?
Lower league success?
European profile/success?
Flavour of the month?
Knows/gets EFC?

Not easy is it?

I personally would cry if the likes of Pardew or Moyes pitched up. That Tuchel (sic) lad ticks some boxes, but unproven in England. Dyche? *shrugs* could actually live with that. Lob out the "we are Everton ffs" shouts, as it stands, we are in a mess. THAT needs addressed, nowt else for now.

...I think he’d walk on broken glass for the job. Whatever job he takes could be a disaster for him, he’d jump at starting in the Premiership.

I agree, being a Blue is no reason to be given a job and I was against him but I believe he’s now worthy of consideration. He’s won a PL2 title against cash rich clubs with global young superstars in their teams. He’s demonstrated tactical nous making his teams hard to beat whilst having a threat at the other end of the pitch. It wasn’t a one-off, he’s lost lots of last years crop but still went to a City a few weeks ago and gave them a thumping.

More than that, he’s created an amazing team spirit. That can’t be overstated given he’s working with individuals who are essentially in competition with each other for contracts.

The big unknown is his ability in the transfer market. Saying that, we know he recommended the purchase of DCL to the Board. Also, the DoF makes this competency less of absolute necessity.
I understand your reasons , but for me he's a very competent youth manager but I doubt he would stand out as much in the PL. With no previous 1st team experience to judge him ,it's too much of a risk for me.
Also even with a DoF the manager is often the defining factor in convincing a player to sign. I could imagine a lot of players hearing an unknown former youth manager is the boss would swerve us , as much for questions of Unsworths longevity as anything else.
All in all its a definite no from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back