Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's it time we started doing things differently and promote people from within the club to take on the role of manager.

If Unsworth wants the role then why not offer him the job as Manager. He knows the club, the players, he understands where we are in terms of the development of the players coming through. As it stands I see no one out there that would be better suited to what we need at present.

I just don't want us doing what most other clubs appear to do and appoint a succession of Managers who end up either moving on to other clubs or get sacked as soon as results turn sour.

The way I see it is that our ambitions for the remainder of this season are to stay in the premiership, we will need a good transfer window in January to fill the obvious areas where the first team are lacking.

Success takes a long time to achieve, given that we are still years behind getting a squad capable of competing consistently with whoever is in the top four, I guess I have managed my own expectations.

Therefore, considering my expectations as it stands I see no one better than Unsworth for a long term role as Manager.

I'm really struggling to get excited about anyone on the "list"
I would go for Silva. He has at least some experience in the Premier league and has done a decent job at Hull and Watford. He does seem to have something about him

People will make comparisons with Martinez with the relegation but he seems as though he can really organise a side

We had one manager for 11 years and are about to appoint our third in 4 years...don't think we as fans are used to this hence all the different ideas on who would be good for us 1) short term to steady the ship 2) to do the same and take us forward to the next level, wherever that is...seems to me like another fine mess we've gotten in to. Up to the board to make probably the most crucial decision they have had to for some considerable time. I would love to be more confident in that decision but previous mistakes don't bode well atm. Still thats what being an Evertonian means..Lessons in life...wouldn't have it any other way;):cool::cool::)

Benitez :coffee: winner at every club and before you throw p00 at my face: Rafael Benítez Maudes born 16 April 1960) is a Spanish professional football coach who is the manager of Premier League club Newcastle United. He is the only manager in history to have won the UEFA Europa League, UEFA Super Cup, UEFA Champions League and the FIFA Club World Cup.

Name me a Manager who we could get with that type of pedigree.

Anyone that wants Benitez should be banned from Goodison.

DM1PneMXkAAUobc.jpg

It's it time we started doing things differently and promote people from within the club to take on the role of manager.

If Unsworth wants the role then why not offer him the job as Manager. He knows the club, the players, he understands where we are in terms of the development of the players coming through. As it stands I see no one out there that would be better suited to what we need at present.

I just don't want us doing what most other clubs appear to do and appoint a succession of Managers who end up either moving on to other clubs or get sacked as soon as results turn sour.

The way I see it is that our ambitions for the remainder of this season are to stay in the premiership, we will need a good transfer window in January to fill the obvious areas where the first team are lacking.

Success takes a long time to achieve, given that we are still years behind getting a squad capable of competing consistently with whoever is in the top four, I guess I have managed my own expectations.

Therefore, considering my expectations as it stands I see no one better than Unsworth for a long term role as Manager.

I have no issue with him being given a run of games as caretaker but this is still a top 20 job in club football and outside of his involvement with the club he brings little to the table

Success with the U23s does not qualify you for a job like this

Why are people t
Benitez :coffee: winner at every club and before you throw p00 at my face: Rafael Benítez Maudes born 16 April 1960) is a Spanish professional football coach who is the manager of Premier League club Newcastle United. He is the only manager in history to have won the UEFA Europa League, UEFA Super Cup, UEFA Champions League and the FIFA Club World Cup.

Name me a Manager who we could get with that type of pedigree.
He also won Rafagation with that glorious 0-0 at Villa Park :cool:

Works for Barca and we've only ever won things with managers from the gene pool

I have no idea if he's showing the right attributes to help Unsworth take temporary control. You however appear to know from your reaction that he doesn't, please share your knowledge.
I have no idea if he's showing the right attributes to help Unsworth take temporary control. You however appear to know from your reaction that he doesn't, please share your knowledge.
Saw him play many times Tranmere Rovers standard player like Hibbert.Total misgivings about him being anywhere near the first team.Unsy and a football man for me.Big Joe?prob too old (sorry @Joey66)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back