Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone that wants Benitez should be banned from Goodison.

DM1PneMXkAAUobc.jpg

That comment means nothing to me apart from banter, if I was an LFC fan I would have been made up and had a laugh at it. Ban me then. What do you think of his trophies record compared to our recent managers? I want a winner and he is one.

I'm not sure that Rhino is the long term answer but his success with the U23s should at least give him the opportunity to look after things whilst we find 'the right man'.
I think he will be a great manager in the future but this, in my humble opinion, is just a little too soon for him.
Who the hell is the right man though???

Santa could do a job. We’d drop off over the festive period of course but other times he’d be great.

I probably saw most of his games, talent apart he never backed out of a challenge (see Steve hardman McMahon). But hey we've just sacked one of the best players ever, so what that tell you ? S.A.F was an average player.
Like I said Unsy and a GOOD football name short term.

I get what your saying regarding Unsworth but I hope we don't throw a 3-5 year deal at him with no proof he can cut it.
Coaching kids who do as they are told to coaching a load of overpaid prim donas is totally different. I just don't think he'd get the respect required after being one of the lesser coaching staff for years (in senior players eyes). Massive gamble for me.
There is a risk with whoever takes the role, most were really pleased when Koeman was given the job and were even happier with the seventh place achieved last season.

We are still a long way behind building a squad that can compete at the top level. I'm really not confident that some of the high profile names mentioned would look at Everton as a long term job.

Unsworth, has a genuine connection with the club. It will be a massive step up for him, and our recruitment of players has to be more reliable to be able to support him building a squad over time.

The idea of Rafael Benítez being the manager of Everton is absolutely disgusting and anyone shouting it needs their heads examining.

I love a good snide at Everton, players like Cahill and Arteta, other teams fans absolutely hated them and it was boss they played for us.

Benítez is not a snide in a footballing sense , he’s a snide in a human sense. An absolute rat of a person from the very core. You go and watch his facts interview aimed at Ferguson and you can see it all in there. I would rather us play in the championship and retain our integrity than allow him into Goodison Park as anything other than an opposition manager or a paying spectator

That’s before you cross the bridge of his affinity from them Scandinavian blerts that turn up over the road once a fortnight. He’s an absolute complete non starter for his disrespect on it’s own and and that’s without even getting into his unkempt barnet and dusty suits, the fat slob

Unsworth is in a win win situation here. The team can't possibly play any worse than they have been recently. Hopefully Unsy will come in a freshen things up tactically and pick up a few results. If it goes well and the team picks up then he needs to be a leading candidate for the job full time. If it doesn't work out then he goes back and continues his excellent work with the u23's.

If it doesn't work out for Unsy, I'd be looking at Dyche. Think he'd sort us out defensively and get us back up the table. Done a great job at Burnley with no money so deserves a shot at a higher level.

Think Ancelotti would be a huge risk given the state of the current squad. He'd need a couple of expensive windows to get the balance right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back