Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's really not true. The side 'left on it's knees' was actually just fine, the 2nd half of the season they got themselves back on track, what he took over was a really good team at a very stable club.

I like TT, but he's not shown enough yet to prove himself better than Klopp, we'll see how he goes with his next job, he is a fine coach though. There was a lot of problems at Dortmund long before the bus bombing.

To be fair mate, you were bottom of the league going into the second half of the season. In the end you came 7th in an 18 team league, (so more like 8th here) which is a fair bit lower than the two finishes Tuchel had.

I think the big thing for me with Klopp though is he seemed a coach perfectly suited to German football, whereas Tuchel seems more malleable. The 6 week gap in Germany is unique, and a very long winter break. In essence you have two half seasons, with an opportunity for 2 pre seasons. Clop seems magnificent at conditioning players in pre season for a 3-4 month burst and also tactically adept at utilising the additional fitness to overwhelm sides.

The problem is, with no winter break in England, and in fact the number of games increasing not slowing down it has snookered him for two seasons running. At best it means his strengths are greatly reduced, at worst it makes his management style neutralised.

In both seasons he's had he started quickly and they have a period in the second half where the results have fallen off the cliff. I suspect we will see something similar this season, and it may look akin to Martinez's last season at Everton.

Stick around on here though mate. Everton are trying hard to emulate Dortmund and there are plenty of similarities between the clubs. You're input will be really welcomed. :)

Cause we are Everton and the best available job in the best league in the world.

They'd be fools to take the Everton job now and not wait for Unsworth to ride out the wave and get us closer to January. We have problems in our squad that only a transfer window can fix; no reliable right back, a past it left back with no alternative, two geriatric centre halves, no out and out striker and so on...

A new manager coming in to this mess will want to do it as close to January as possible because if they can't get much out of the squad now they will be under massive pressure and potentially a relegation fight.

I suspect they will want a top draw manager, ideally Tuchel, Ancelotti or possibly Silva.

There is every chance all 3 will say "give me time" or even "I'll let you know at the end of the season". Silva to see where Watford are and see our a year there. Ancelotti as he wants a break. Tuchel so that the Bayern situation is cleared up.

I think for now the board will give Unsworth 3 more games and take stock. If we lose all 3 then I think we will move for Dyche. If he does ok, wins 1 or even 2 he may get a bit of a period longer.

Ideally they'd want to keep Unsworth until we can secure a top manager. The spanner in the works will be if Unsworth manages to win a cup and exceeds expectation.

They'd be fools to take the Everton job now and not wait for Unsworth to ride out the wave and get us closer to January. We have problems in our squad that only a transfer window can fix; no reliable right back, a past it left back with no alternative, two geriatric centre halves, no out and out striker and so on...

A new manager coming in to this mess will want to do it as close to January as possible because if they can't get much out of the squad now they will be under massive pressure and potentially a relegation fight.

Top managers back themselves and want as much time as possible to turn a season round.

Top managers back themselves and want as much time as possible to turn a season round.

Top managers almost never move while the season is underway as top clubs very rarely find themselves in positions like this were the summer we had so recently is a complete write off and we felt the need to can our manager. Klopp going to Liverpool in early October after Rodgers got the sack is the only comparable recent example I can think of in England.

I think the Europa League is also a distraction a new manager won't want to put up with while the league form is such a mess, and will delay coming here until our fate is decided one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back