Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
who was his right hand man who Dortmund got rid of? I'm genuinly confused by that comment of yours, it's like I forgot something obvious?!

Listen, I like TT as a coach, backed him a few times here when people called him a fraud and this like this. But I just read stuff about him that simply isn't right, so I'll counter it.
It actually surprised me when he left how few players did come out to thank him for what he did for them, Dembele and Pulisic only did so in interviews during the international games when questioned by the press. Bartra was actually the only one I recal doing so on his own volition after he was sacked. He sent a message on Twitter that day. I could go on about the other isseus, but I wont cos this isn't the place, they are out there to read for anyone who wants to search them out, the stuff with Schmelzer, Reus, Sahin, Bender, Schürrle, Hummels etc etc.

There is no doubt he's a good coach though, and well worthy of purusing if he's a genuine option. Coaches can learn and mature like players, and I'm sure he will have learnt a lot from what went wrong for him at Dortmund. And wherever he lands up next will have themselves a good coach.

Rainer Schrey mate

Simple really mate, the players are all practically still at the club, Tuchel isn't and the people who got rid of him are the ones paying their salaries, unlike a normal manager being sacked with no hard feeling, there is a lot of it towards Tuchel from the people running the club, so a player defending him etc is pretty brave, easier to pile in on him really for an easy life for them

The other thing is, the players didn't exactly quit on him, some may not have liked him - but they still went out and performed, the team didn't lose back to back games all season long, and trust me as someone who has seen first hand a squad quit on a manager, that happens big time

I supported Koeman when he first came, but he had to go the fans all over were calling for him to go are you out of step - orly did you want to see him get us relegated!
The excuse on Giroud was pathetic - he chose the Sig and Rooney - he had more money the the Catterick years, and blew it all!
Giroud is static and gets his goals in a classy team in which he cant get a place atm - playing with no pace no wingers and CU CU he became a joke orly he had to go more the RM!

So you supported Koeman then threw him under the bus?

How does Unsy know you won't do the same to him in the bad times?

Rainer Schrey mate

Simple really mate, the players are all practically still at the club, Tuchel isn't and the people who got rid of him are the ones paying their salaries, unlike a normal manager being sacked with no hard feeling, there is a lot of it towards Tuchel from the people running the club, so a player defending him etc is pretty brave, easier to pile in on him really for an easy life for them

The other thing is, the players didn't exactly quit on him, some may not have liked him - but they still went out and performed, the team didn't lose back to back games all season long, and trust me as someone who has seen first hand a squad quit on a manager, that happens big time

oh the athletic trainer! Yeah, he was pretty much hated by the players. He was there for the duration of the 2 seasons as well.

I know they didnt quit on him, I was not suggesting they did, I was just using the Bayern thing as an example of how it becomes impossible for a coach long term when it comes down to a number of players turning on them and tuning them out.

Everton should for sure be asking about Tuchel's availability, it'd be mad not to really wouldn't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back