Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
problems at Dortmund seemed to stem from owners mixed with them not getting along moreso with Tuchels staff from reading around the subject

Show me a coach everyone likes and will show you a walkover tbh

Everyone loves Unsy.

And I do mean everyone.

problems at Dortmund seemed to stem from owners mixed with them not getting along moreso with Tuchels staff from reading around the subject

Show me a coach everyone likes and will show you a walkover tbh

Dortmund doesn't have outright owners, sorry to be pedantic :blush: Most German clubs don't, they are majority owned by the members. But I know you mean the bosses as in Aki Watke and Michael Zorc.

As I say, they don't come out of it well either, but from problems with the head scout, to disagreements with transfers, including Tuchel not being happy with them going for youth over experience, from man managment issues and problems with players, and a complete breakdown in trust between the coach and the team bosses. There where many problems. The whole thing was pretty unsavoury to be honest!

I agree that you don't want a walkover by the way, but having a coach who can bring people together is actually a massive plus. And sometimes in these situations, it's more than just a clash of egos. The whole thing at Dortmund was a slow simmering pot, that took a long time to boil over. I sort of wonder if they'd sorted stuff out earlier maybe there was a chance, but it was clear long before he was sacked that it wasn't going to end well.

Well that suggests he's getting the gig.

Why would an owner call for that meeting?

Better not, it would be foolish to give it on a permanent basis so soon. Results tend to be better when the bloke in charge can be ejected immediately, so should at least give it 10 games (imo end of the season) before doing anything that final.

Imagine he gets the job full time and we go on to lose the next 5 games... :Blink:

The first kind words towards him from you Orly - heard he may be given the position till January today - heard a whisper?

Not even close to the first kind words Joe, as you well know, I've said don't audition, give him the job.

Bed now.

Dortmund doesn't have outright owners, sorry to be pedantic :blush: Most German clubs don't, they are majority owned by the members. But I know you mean the bosses as in Aki Watke and Michael Zorc.

As I say, they don't come out of it well either, but from problems with the head scout, to disagreements with transfers, including Tuchel not being happy with them going for youth over experience, from man managment issues and problems with players, and a complete breakdown in trust between the coach and the team bosses. There where many problems. The whole thing was pretty unsavoury to be honest!

I agree that you don't want a walkover by the way, but having a coach who can bring people together is actually a massive plus. And sometimes in these situations, it's more than just a clash of egos. The whole thing at Dortmund was a slow simmering pot, that took a long time to boil over. I sort of wonder if they'd sorted stuff out earlier maybe there was a chance, but it was clear long before he was sacked that it wasn't going to end well.

Aye meant the people running the club rather than owners mate

The issues seemed to stem from first them getting rid of Tuchels right hand man combined with Tuchel being frozen out of transfer decisions both ins and outs, i also think if it wasn't for the clash betwen Tuchel and the ones in charge, then the player 'split' doesn't happen, as it seemed almost like some players took the side of the board, rather than being actually disliking Tuchel if that makes sense.

Not even close to the first kind words Joe, as you well know, I've said don't audition, give him the job.

Bed now.
Just got out of it after a bad night's sleep - seems you need to go back to bed lol
whoever gets the Manager's job till January has his work cut out with our squad orly;)
Who ever it is I will support him as koeman is the protagonist in our downfall!

Just got out of it after a bad night's sleep - seems you need to go back to bed lol
whoever gets the Manager's job till January has his work cut out with our squad orly;)
Who ever it is I will support him as koeman is the protagonist in our downfall!

So you'll support a manager, having shown no support for the previous manager?

How can we trust you Joe? How can Unsy trust you'll stick with him?

So you'll support a manager, having shown no support for the previous manager?

How can we trust you Joe? How can Unsy trust you'll stick with him?
I supported Koeman when he first came, but he had to go the fans all over were calling for him to go are you out of step - orly did you want to see him get us relegated!
The excuse on Giroud was pathetic - he chose the Sig and Rooney - he had more money the the Catterick years, and blew it all!
Giroud is static and gets his goals in a classy team in which he cant get a place atm - playing with no pace no wingers and CU CU he became a joke orly he had to go more the RM!

Aye meant the people running the club rather than owners mate

The issues seemed to stem from first them getting rid of Tuchels right hand man combined with Tuchel being frozen out of transfer decisions both ins and outs, i also think if it wasn't for the clash betwen Tuchel and the ones in charge, then the player 'split' doesn't happen, as it seemed almost like some players took the side of the board, rather than being actually disliking Tuchel if that makes sense.

Who? His right hand man at Mainz and at Dortmund was Arno Michels, who was with him at Dortmund for both seasons. The whole player thing was a mess, and yeah I think the team captain very much did side with the bosses, but I think some coaches just are not good man managers, he showed that in Mainz too, and it becomes an issue when it clearly is more than just one or two players that have an issue. And when there is a fall out, it's more of a problem for the coach as shown at Bayern Munich this season too. Once you lose the players, you have a big problem.

Who? His right hand man at Mainz and at Dortmund was Arno Michels, who was with him at Dortmund for both seasons. The whole player thing was a mess, and yeah I think the team captain very much did side with the bosses, but I think some coaches just are not good man managers, he showed that in Mainz too, and it becomes an issue when it clearly is more than just one or two players that have an issue. And when there is a fall out, it's more of a problem for the coach as shown at Bayern Munich this season too. Once you lose the players, you have a big problem.

Numerous players came out very publicly supporting him though as well mate, chiefly pulisic, dembele, and aubameyang and weigl where both apparently ones on the coaches side also.

Seems the problem with any players where ones who Brown nosed the owners or where butt hurt that their mates had been dropped.

Numerous players came out very publicly supporting him though as well mate, chiefly pulisic, dembele, and aubameyang and weigl where both apparently ones on the coaches side also.

Seems the problem with any players where ones who Brown nosed the owners or where butt hurt that their mates had been dropped.

who was his right hand man who Dortmund got rid of? I'm genuinly confused by that comment of yours, it's like I forgot something obvious?!

Listen, I like TT as a coach, backed him a few times here when people called him a fraud and this like this. But I just read stuff about him that simply isn't right, so I'll counter it.
It actually surprised me when he left how few players did come out to thank him for what he did for them, Dembele and Pulisic only did so in interviews during the international games when questioned by the press. Bartra was actually the only one I recal doing so on his own volition after he was sacked. He sent a message on Twitter that day. I could go on about the other isseus, but I wont cos this isn't the place, they are out there to read for anyone who wants to search them out, the stuff with Schmelzer, Reus, Sahin, Bender, Schürrle, Hummels etc etc.

There is no doubt he's a good coach though, and well worthy of purusing if he's a genuine option. Coaches can learn and mature like players, and I'm sure he will have learnt a lot from what went wrong for him at Dortmund. And wherever he lands up next will have themselves a good coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back