Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be very happy for Big Sam if he is only there until the end of season. You know he is not going to put you into European places, but you will be sure that safety can be reached by March. Prem status our only genuine concern by now.

Im not sure.Were still only 5 points behind the noisy neighbours!We'll see how Unsy get's on for now.

This would be my ideal kind of manager. A manager who is there to do a job, and who would be happy to alienate everyone for the sake of on-field performance. He understands that the traditions and fans of a club can only matter so much.
Pretty sure that's what Koeman was like...

I would be very happy for Big Sam if he is only there until the end of season. You know he is not going to put you into European places, but you will be sure that safety can be reached by March. Prem status our only genuine concern by now.

Give the head a wobble mate, there's 29 games left and we are basically a couple of results away from being top half.

We appoint a manager like allardyce 9 games into the season we'd deserve to go down, and it'd finish any talk of us ever trying to push the club on.

I think it's more simple situation than peeps think. If we lose to Leicester he will be replaced pretty soon. Draw...jury still out. Win and he will be seriously considered to give it to the end of the season.

has there ever been a manager, promoted from within the club during the premier league era and lasted more than 6-12 months?? or even had any modicum of success?

I think almost every team who get's a new manager, especially after a manager the players probably didn't like leaves, raise there game.

What I don't want is Unsworth to be judged on one game, even if we play well and beat Leicester, it means nothing, it doesn't make him a good manager.. Same if we lose.

I just hope we don't jump the gun and appoint Unsworth based on a few good games. And I hope we don't right him of if we have a few bad results.

Unsworth true ability (which nobody on this planet knows) will only be seen once the honeymoon period is over. Or after sufficient time to work with the team if there is no honeymoon period.

Shakespere was given the nod based on the team raising there game after Ranieri went, when that worn off he was found out. On the flip side there have been plenty of top managers who have had shakey starts after being given a chance and gone on to big things.

To say Unsworth's ability as a top flight football manager will be based on the Leicester game is ridiculous. The board need to have already made the call and either give Unsworth the season regardless of results. Or appoint someone else when we are ready, also regardless of Unsworths results.

Give the head a wobble mate, there's 29 games left and we are basically a couple of results away from being top half.

We appoint a manager like allardyce 9 games into the season we'd deserve to go down, and it'd finish any talk of us ever trying to push the club on.

Indeed. We’re 5 points behind the RS and Klipperty. Our football has been dire but there’s still quality in there, Unsy will sort it until we find our man.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back