Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We will know within a week or two if David Unsworth is genuinely being considered for the job on a permanent basis.

I do think he may well make a very good manager but I do think it is possible that he needs a spell working as an assistant for a spell before he becomes the main man.

The point is that he certainly is under consideration already and ultimately it would not surprise me if the long term appointment was Tuchel(if available) with Unsworth as assistant . The intention being to appoint Unsworth in the longer term.

On a side issue, I saw the interview with David Unsworth after the game tonight and he spoke about the chairmam, the board, the players... no mention of RK but maybe even more tellingly no mention of our director of football Walsh.... I would have thought he would be central to everything that is happening now, but I wonder has be been sidelined

Look at all the no mark Managers formed from Ferguson's old assistants. Working with greats is no guarantee of success
Nothing is a guarantee of success or failure in this racked, you could come up with examples of every scenario. From coaches with no experience doing fantastic work, to legendary coaches making a mess of things. However judging by our recent appointments it clear we're trying to head in a certain direction with the type of football we play. Hiring Dyche or Big Sam isn't part of that.

United have never been some forward tactically side, in fact when they went up against Pep in CL final they were exposed to just how archaic they are in the football they play. Being blind to the facts doesn't help, it's quite clear what Pep is doing is really different to what we've seen in the league before. Not only are they winning every game, but they are doing so in a way that this league hasn't seen. It's pretty obvious that he's taken a brand of football that had already existed to the next level. Fair enough, we wouldn't be getting him, but we'd be getting in someone who has a front row seat to all of this and also has a vast and diverse football education. A natural leader to boot according to teammates and he's a former favorite here at our club.

I've have a friend who is a Dortmund supporter and has an opinion of Tuchel which is pretty well summarized by the following article. The comment that sounded much like a similarity to Koeman regarded his emotional lack of connection to the fans and the club. For him there would be as much meaning in managing Podunk United as Everton.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...How-Thomas-Tuchel-fell-Borussia-Dortmund.html

I've have a friend who is a Dortmund supporter and has an opinion of Tuchel which is pretty well summarized by the following article. The comment that sounded much like a similarity to Koeman regarded his emotional lack of connection to the fans and the club. For him there would be as much meaning in managing Podunk United as Everton.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...How-Thomas-Tuchel-fell-Borussia-Dortmund.html
This would be my ideal kind of manager. A manager who is there to do a job, and who would be happy to alienate everyone for the sake of on-field performance. He understands that the traditions and fans of a club can only matter so much.

Marco Silva is who we need to go out and get if we are ambitious, he's the next big thing. If we hadn't just spunked £150m on a load of dross I don't see why we can't be doing what spurs are doing.

Leave big sam and dyche for wba and stoke etc.

I think im having second thoughts on Sean Dyche!He is a good manager.But there is an awful stench of lower league off him.I do get this feeling that he would turn out to be a gravely voiced ginger bearded version of Moyes.As for the likes of mediocre journeymen like Big Sam they/he can just eff right off!I say let's see how Unsy get's on until the end of November.If he is doing well at that point, then i say we keep him on until the end of the season.If by May Unsy is still doing a good job, then we may as well give him the job on a permanent basis.We can take our time making this decision.I would be confident that Unsy will do a more than fine job, keeping things ticking over in the meantime.

If you want to know what an Everton manager should be about then have a read of this

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...delves-into-spurs8217-5-1-defeat-by-newcastle

A managet who was in a unexpected title race for most of the season and had exceeded expectations of him actually bothered all summer about losing the last game so much. A meaningless game and yet he cared enough about that one result far more than anyone we have had for a long time.

Especially in reflection to koeman this season

You know something people.We should make a move for Diego Simeone in the summer.Or sooner depending on how Unsy get's on.But im not sure anyone here has mentioned him yet?

I think im having second thoughts on Sean Dyche!He is a good manager.But there is an awful stench of lower league off him.I do get this feeling that he would turn out to be a gravely voiced ginger bearded version of Moyes.As for the likes of mediocre journeymen like Big Sam they/he can just eff right off!I say let's see how Unsy get's on until the end of November.If he is doing well at that point, then i say we keep him on until the end of the season.If by May Unsy is still doing a good job, then we may as well give him the job on a permanent basis.We can take our time making this decision.I would be confident that Unsy will do a more than fine job, keeping things ticking over in the meantime.
NSNO

This would be my ideal kind of manager. A manager who is there to do a job, and who would be happy to alienate everyone for the sake of on-field performance. He understands that the traditions and fans of a club can only matter so much.

Problem is though, the on-field performance suffered last season under Tuchel too.
I agree that the traditions and conenction may be secondary, but the problem, and maybe this only goes for some clubs, the fan-base wants a connection. They want some sort of sign that the coach cares, that he takes an interest, that he understands what the club stands for. It may not matter deep down, but in times of turbulance, it actually really helps. And with TT, it wasn't that he didn't undestand that, he just didn't care.
Dortmund for him was a stepping stone, which went a bit wrong in the end.

I would be very happy for Big Sam if he is only there until the end of season. You know he is not going to put you into European places, but you will be sure that safety can be reached by March. Prem status our only genuine concern by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back