Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got laughed at for mentioning Diego Simeone earlier, but what's the joke exactly?Don't we want to have some sort of ambition?Recommending someone like Simeone, is hell of a lot more constructive, than waxing lyrically about Sam effin Allardyce.

Looking increasingly like a straight fight between Unsworth and Dyche to me. Dyche is obviously eager and leaving the door wide open in his responses to questions. Silva and Benitez have ruled themselves out.
Unsworth has BK's backing but his tone changed somewhat after talking to Moshiri the decision maker. It's clear Unsworth has to win games to convince Mosh and will be given the next 3 to prove himself. If he does he''ll get an extended chance if not then it's likely Dyche will be in charge after the international break assuming West Ham don't complicate things.
Dreams of high profile CL level managers like Ancelloti are fading as they always do. Mosh wants glamour but after the RK debacle I suspect he'll settle for protecting his investment with stability.

The Evertonian in me would love Unsworth to get the job until the end of the season, and excel at the job.

The dreamer would love someone with the calibre of Ancelotti, as unrealistic as it seems.

The realist......Silva. But I would think it would be unlikely he'd leave Watford mid season. Then there's Tuchel - but what worries me about him are the stories of him being a disciplinarian with players falling out with him (doesn't that sound familiar?).

Dyche....while I'm sure he's a decent manager who can set a team up well.....I think he'd be the "safe" choice. It wouldn't be particularly inspiring given the dreams that have been sold to us by Moshiri.

Who else? Laurent Blanc? AvB? Pellegrini? I know that Bellew made the shout about Simeone - but that's even less likely than Ancelotti.

Dyche....while I'm sure he's a decent manager who can set a team up well.....I think he'd be the "safe" choice. It wouldn't be particularly inspiring given the dreams that have been sold to us by Moshiri.

Who else? Laurent Blanc? AvB? Pellegrini? I know that Bellew made the shout about Simeone - but that's even less likely than Ancelotti.[/QUOTE]

Pipe dreams ............

Haven't a clue who I want now ... I really want unsworth to win 6 in a row and convince me he is the new Howard Kendall... saw an interesting stat on Sean dyche tonight... his team haven't won 1 game in which they've conceded the 1st goal in the last 2 yrs...or something along those lines, not 100%sure... I would've been all right with him until I saw that ....come on RHINO, just win 6 in a row so there can be no doubt !!

Im on the fence. Picket nearly penetrating me arse with this case. If Unsworth wins it sunday what the hell let him go full steam ahead with it. If not...then...clearly we cannot let this situation continue. Hunt for manager continues

I got laughed at for mentioning Diego Simeone earlier, but what's the joke exactly?Don't we want to have some sort of ambition?Recommending someone like Simeone, is hell of a lot more constructive, than waxing lyrically about Sam effin Allardyce.
Ambition was before we got Sports Pesa and Angry birds to sponsor us, no we will get what we are given and be happy.

Put it this way, if Unsy wins two out of the three games before the international break - Leicester (A), Lyon (A), and Watford (H), I'll be convinced and happy enough for him to be given the job.

It's not much to go on I'll admit, but a couple of decent results would show that there has been a sufficient up-turn in form and the players are responding to him. It's also perhaps a reflection that there doesn't seem to be one candidate out there who is clearly head and shoulders above all others; well not to me anyway. Tuchel, Dyche, and Marco Silva have had their moments; Ancelotti is the one with the most impressive CV clearly, but I'm not convinced he could be persuaded to come to us.

sam-allardyce-sunderland-looking-angry-newcastle-united-nufc-650x400.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back