Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My only problem with Unsworth is I think he will get something from Leicester and win against Watford but WE should be beating those teams anyway or “EXPECTED WINS”

But the games we need to improve are away from home (No win since January), against bigger teams and in competitions!

Had that been a full strength Chelsea, they would’ve battered us but had Unsworth had a few extra days training, I think we could’ve won against Chelsea’s reserves.

But it’s a bit coulder, shoulder, woulder!

I know we played better and a bit more luck we should’ve won but we should’ve won, we had enough chances and it’s still a loss and give me a smash and grab in the 96th min over playing well anytime!

So the big test is Lyon, if we can beat them away in a competitive European competition, I think Unsworth gets the job!

I disagree regarding Chelsea. We played very well on Wednesday and the Chelsea side was a lot closer to full strength than we were, particularly the team that finished the game.

Only Hazard was missing from there first choice attack.

My only problem with Unsworth is I think he will get something from Leicester and win against Watford but WE should be beating those teams anyway or “EXPECTED WINS”

But the games we need to improve are away from home (No win since January), against bigger teams and in competitions!

Had that been a full strength Chelsea, they would’ve battered us but had Unsworth had a few extra days training, I think we could’ve won against Chelsea’s reserves.

But it’s a bit coulder, shoulder, woulder!

I know we played better and a bit more luck we should’ve won but we should’ve won, we had enough chances and it’s still a loss and give me a smash and grab in the 96th min over playing well anytime!

So the big test is Lyon, if we can beat them away in a competitive European competition, I think Unsworth gets the job!
A lot has been made of the fact that the last few successful managers have all been ex players but the fact is they all had managerial experience.
The biggest gamble of the three was Kendall but with no disrespect to Unsworth Kendall was an intelligent footballer Unsworth was a grafter without a lot of guile.
Another thing about Unsy is that they won the U23s yet lost on both occasions to the Rs.
That bothers me that.

A lot has been made of the fact that the last few successful managers have all been ex players but the fact is they all had managerial experience.
The biggest gamble of the three was Kendall but with no disrespect to Unsworth Kendall was an intelligent footballer Unsworth was a grafter without a lot of guile.
Another thing about Unsy is that they won the U23s yet lost on both occasions to the Rs.
That bothers me that.
A lot of the best managers have not been intelligent footballers but grafters without guile i.e Alex Ferguson to name one.

Lot of spec about Dyche. I know a couple of the directors of Burnley and no approach has been made to club to talk to Dyche. Dyche has also stated while Everton are great club he is not leaving!!
Can't decide if this is a god or bad thing, have we someone more exciting lined up? Silva or Tuschel ideally.

What you've said about Dyche tallies with what their right back told me yesterday. No rumours or discussion amoungst the Burnley squad/coaches that he's the off.

I doubt whether it will reassure you but Burnley won 2-1 at rock-bottom Bolton in March 2016 (18 months ago) after trailing 1-0 with 15 minutes to go with an Andre Gray double. Dyche has had his fair share of last-gasp winners (eg: last season against Everton) or equalisers in the last two years.
Apologies ... the correct stat is from the premier league match pack programme on sky last night ... it was in the 44 premier league games under dyche where Burnley have conceded first they haven't won any games , they've drawn 9 and lost 35 .... not very convincing that he would be expansive enough in his play when he falls behind

th
th
...Gordon's love child I reckon

Just a little point

Keeps getting said players want unsworth to get the job. Why do you think that is? An easy ride, get made to be first team, a friend in charge etc

Of course the players want someone they know well in charge of it, the point is you want someone who isn't going to be an easy ride there. Someone who will drop players out of form and have them running through walls every week to prove themselves for their place. Unsworth won't be that manager, eith him as our manager then it pretty much means some of these players will be allowed to coast and not have to earn their place.

That is why intern managers don't work from within. None have worked before for 30 years, if you want to settle for nothingness still at the club then by all means back his claim. He might win a few games but it would take a hell of a lot for him to become a premier league manager with no experience and know how to manage against experienced ones. I was under the impression we didn't want to wait around for years whilst he learned his trade , I thought we wanted to win things and be succesful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back