Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone want the FSW ?
Maybe long term the FSW would be good - he's a shrewd tactician with clear ideas on how he wants to play. Always seems a bit of a cold, aloof person, though, so not sure how good he is at making players better. When he was at the RS it seemed like he was happy to buy 4 players just to find 1 he liked and the other 3 could go and live in a skip.
Right now, though, can you see our problems being solved by a new formation? Seems to me that it's far more of a case of getting belief, motivation and some smiles back into the squad, so someone without that man-manager dimension could struggle.

Didn't Pep Guardiola and Zinedine Zidane start as reserve team managers at Barcelona/Real Madrid? Mourinho moved from assistant to manager in his first job? Surely the whole point of having a coaching structure in place at the club? Joachim Low did the same with Germany so that is the current FIFA manager of the year and the current world cup holder who have moved from reserves to first team manager.
Poch went from coaching the Espanol women's team (!) to the senior squad as his first position. Fair to say the appointment was greeted with incredulity [according to a mate of mine who has a ST at Espanol], but he proved himself immediately.

Right now, though, can you see our problems being solved by a new formation? Seems to me that it's far more of a case of getting belief, motivation and some smiles back into the squad, so someone without that man-manager dimension could struggle.

Our problem is with our squad, and will continue until we sign a centre forward - regardless of who manages the team.

By the end of December, we will be halfway through the season, and I doubt that we will have picked up many more points.

The rest of the season is likely to be a relegation battle. We will need someone to get us out of the bottom three rather than into the top four.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back