Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsy getting compared to Zidane and Guardiola again.

Wonderful stuff
Unsy could take over at Barca or Real this afternoon and finish in the top 3.
Pep having the best Spanish players of all time growing up in his team together ( Iniesta and Xavi ) Messi was a bonus, and Real having one man guaranteed to score you 60 a season helps too I guess.
I was in Spain for the first few weeks of Peps reign, and they were crap, and loads wanted him out, got a bit of time and they stuck with him. No way would we / can we afford that luxury sitting in the bottom 3.

To be fair mate, you were bottom of the league going into the second half of the season. In the end you came 7th in an 18 team league, (so more like 8th here) which is a fair bit lower than the two finishes Tuchel had.

I think the big thing for me with Klopp though is he seemed a coach perfectly suited to German football, whereas Tuchel seems more malleable. The 6 week gap in Germany is unique, and a very long winter break. In essence you have two half seasons, with an opportunity for 2 pre seasons. Clop seems magnificent at conditioning players in pre season for a 3-4 month burst and also tactically adept at utilising the additional fitness to overwhelm sides.

The problem is, with no winter break in England, and in fact the number of games increasing not slowing down it has snookered him for two seasons running. At best it means his strengths are greatly reduced, at worst it makes his management style neutralised.

In both seasons he's had he started quickly and they have a period in the second half where the results have fallen off the cliff. I suspect we will see something similar this season, and it may look akin to Martinez's last season at Everton.

Stick around on here though mate. Everton are trying hard to emulate Dortmund and there are plenty of similarities between the clubs. You're input will be really welcomed. :)
Brilliant informative post, as always. x

It boggles my tiny little mind that the poll at the top has more votes for Unsworth than Carlo Ancelotti. Seems all you need, is to say things like "we are Everton, we fight to win," to put you ahead of someone with one of the best managerial CV's in history.
It's incredible. Almost certain to be the same posters who wanted Martinez to stay because he "bought in to Everton "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back