Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a little point

That is why intern managers don't work from within. None have worked before for 30 years, if you want to settle for nothingness still at the club then by all means back his claim. He might win a few games but it would take a hell of a lot for him to become a premier league manager with no experience and know how to manage against experienced ones. I was under the impression we didn't want to wait around for years whilst he learned his trade , I thought we wanted to win things and be succesful?

Didn't Pep Guardiola and Zinedine Zidane start as reserve team managers at Barcelona/Real Madrid? Mourinho moved from assistant to manager in his first job? Surely the whole point of having a coaching structure in place at the club? Joachim Low did the same with Germany so that is the current FIFA manager of the year and the current world cup holder who have moved from reserves to first team manager.

Didn't Pep Guardiola and Zinedine Zidane start as reserve team managers at Barcelona/Real Madrid? Mourinho moved from assistant to manager in his first job? Surely the whole point of having a coaching structure in place at the club? Joachim Low did the same with Germany so that is the current FIFA manager of the year and the current world cup holder who have moved from reserves to first team manager.

And, i hate to mention it, but our Merde neighbours did it for years, promote from within.

Just a little point

Keeps getting said players want unsworth to get the job. Why do you think that is? An easy ride, get made to be first team, a friend in charge etc

Of course the players want someone they know well in charge of it, the point is you want someone who isn't going to be an easy ride there. Someone who will drop players out of form and have them running through walls every week to prove themselves for their place. Unsworth won't be that manager, eith him as our manager then it pretty much means some of these players will be allowed to coast and not have to earn their place.

That is why intern managers don't work from within. None have worked before for 30 years, if you want to settle for nothingness still at the club then by all means back his claim. He might win a few games but it would take a hell of a lot for him to become a premier league manager with no experience and know how to manage against experienced ones. I was under the impression we didn't want to wait around for years whilst he learned his trade , I thought we wanted to win things and be succesful?

I agree in principle but we have won two league games and we are almost into November and most folk would agree we haven't put a good 90 minutes together all season in any competition. The next 6-8 weeks will probably define the rest of the season for us, as to whether or not we can stabilise under Unsworth and get relatively comfortable in the league, or if our issues run deeper than replacing Koeman, and we face a more serious situation. I'm leaning toward the latter, and hope to be convinced otherwise.

For me, it makes sense to let Unsworth have this time and games in charge. There is no disputing that his credentials could never stack up against the likes of Tuchel for example, but my concern would be that we don't know what Tuchel is like in a fight, if it comes to one. If it was June and we could begin from a clean slate then I'd have Tuchel in all day otherwise.

If things haven't improved by the end of November then we are in a right pickle - Unsworth cannot take us on in those circumstances and we arguably become less attractive still to Tuchel and his ilk, if we appeal to him at all in the first place.

Agree that interim managers don't tend to work out but in difficulty there is opportunity. Let Unsworth prove to be the exception. The best and most viable solution is that Unsworth succeeds, and we review in the summer. I don't think it will be as easy as rolling out a name to pick up our fortunes.

Initially I'd set the bar pretty low for Unsworth given the absolute state of affairs he has walked into. There probably won't be much of a difference points wise between mid-table mediocrity and flirting with relegation. If we can go on a run of any sort it would take the pressure off massively. I know people will flag up that we have got to be ambitious and adventurous and I agree, but this seasons baggage/problems will follow us around to a greater or lesser degree in any event.

I don't at all rule out a battle for survival and in those circumstances I want to be as sure as I can be that our manager can lead and fight.

Just a little point

Keeps getting said players want unsworth to get the job. Why do you think that is? An easy ride, get made to be first team, a friend in charge etc

Of course the players want someone they know well in charge of it, the point is you want someone who isn't going to be an easy ride there. Someone who will drop players out of form and have them running through walls every week to prove themselves for their place. Unsworth won't be that manager, eith him as our manager then it pretty much means some of these players will be allowed to coast and not have to earn their place.

Leicester players wanted Shakespeare as well.

Amen!

I'll seriously consider quitting Everton if it happens... (at least for a few hours anyway)
Not even under consideration for me mate. My ST would be burned within 5 minutes if him being confirmed.

I'm confident it will never happen though.

Edit. I wouldn't stop being an Everton fan. I'd just boycott watching them (including on TV) whilst sack of spuds was in charge.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back