Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It now looks almost certain that Dyche will be our next manager. I think he's a good appointment. When he took over at Burnley they were languishing in the lower reaches of the Championship. They're now just 3 points off the Prem's top 4 with over a quarter of the season gone.

In an ideal world I'd have loved for us to have brought in Tuchel, but right now we need a guy who really knows English football.

It now looks almost certain that Dyche will be our next manager. I think he's a good appointment. When he took over at Burnley they were languishing in the lower reaches of the Championship. They're now just 3 points off the Prem's top 4 with over a quarter of the season gone.

In an ideal world I'd have loved for us to have brought in Tuchel, but right now we need a guy who really knows English football.

An ultra defensive Koeman couldn't sort our defending, maybe the answer is to attack?
You need to be good enough up front to really pull that one off successfully.

Looking towards the top of the table you can see City's defence while perhaps their slightly weaker forte hardly concede as the opposition hardly have the ball in dangerous areas, so they really can defend by attacking.

Liverpool on the other hand while having really exciting and dynamic forwards have suffered comparitively speaking for seasons because of their shortcomings at the back, their defending by attacking just leaves them faltering behind more solid defences like Chelsea's last year or Spurs and United this.

City are good enough to play that way due to their exceptional forwards, Liverpool aren't quite as good up front and their defensive frailties are constantly exposed.

We too aren't good enough up front

We are 8 points off top 6 and the run of games we have should allow, any permanent manager, the time to pick the same side for 6 games and get 'some' points. That manager wouldn't have to know English football to pick that team consistently.

We are 8 points off top 6 and the run of games we have should allow, any permanent manager, the time to pick the same side for 6 games and get 'some' points. That manager wouldn't have to know English football to pick that team consistently.

Very true, Marco Silva would be good for us imo....

However it looks like Sean Dyche has got it....so let's get on with it...

You need to be good enough up front to really pull that one off successfully.

Looking towards the top of the table you can see City's defence while perhaps their slightly weaker forte hardly concede as the opposition hardly have the ball in dangerous areas, so they really can defend by attacking.

Liverpool on the other hand while having really exciting and dynamic forwards have suffered comparitively speaking for seasons because of their shortcomings at the back, their defending by attacking just leaves them faltering behind more solid defences like Chelsea's last year or Spurs and United this.

City are good enough to play that way due to their exceptional forwards, Liverpool aren't quite as good up front and their defensive frailties are constantly exposed.

We too aren't good enough up front

Or, maybe we don't utilise our front players properly?

Or, maybe we don't utilise our front players properly?

No, he's right. While I agree we haven't used them well so far this season, there's a lack of quality up there. Not just the strikers themselves but the supporting players also. Bar Rooney there's little vision and dreadful technique. When was the last time we saw wide players with incisive passing?

They aren't though mate. He spends a lot more that many other promoted managers get.

If he was expansive (to a maniacal extent) like El Fraudo, that's one thing.

If he was ultra defensive like Moyes etc in the really grim years, that's another.

His Burnley sides concede loads of goals and score considerably less than a goal a game.

There are no miracles here.

He manages Burnley though their squad is championship levels with the odd quality player, he's got the best out of them those figures don't account for, against whom he concedes the goals against.

Who would you appoint ? I would like Silva personally just can't see it. The way I see it it's a choice between Dyche or Sam. We aren't going a foreign manager without PREM experience' with the mess we are in. And then who wants it?I see Dyche as a pragmatic more direct Moyes type. He may stabilise us to rebuild, it doesn't excite me, but it's where we are.

Last edited:

How is he gonna do that? Is he gonna magic 3 new central defenders out his backside. I think our defence is incapable of defending and I think even fat Sam would be incapable of polishing that turd.
No, he would just organise the team so they don’t expose our defenders weaknesses.

How is he gonna do that? Is he gonna magic 3 new central defenders out his backside. I think our defence is incapable of defending and I think even fat Sam would be incapable of polishing that turd.
No, he would just organise the team so they don’t expose our defenders weaknesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back