• Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

agreed.

he almost saved hull and only had about 10 games or so to do it.

he would be our best option in our situation
There seems to be some rowing back of late in terms of some people wondering if Koeman was dismissed too early. Incredible. He was the architect of the crisis we now face.

I wouldn't say I was in the Anyone But Koeman frame of mind, but not far off it. He was a tragic page in the club's history that we had to turn and get away from.

There seems to be some rowing back of late in terms of some people wondering if Koeman was dismissed too early. Incredible. He was the architect of the crisis we now face.

I wouldn't say I was in the Anyone But Koeman frame of mind, but not far off it. He was a tragic page in the club's history that we had to turn and get away from.
I wouldn't say he was dismissed too early, but you have to question to what extent his hands were tied. I would say they were tied far more than Moyes and Martinez. I'd say Moshiris meddling (bringing in Walsh, trying to bring in unattainable targets like Witsel etc the previous summer which wasted a transfer window) has played a huge and possibly pivotal role in this ongoing crisis.

Moshiri throwing that amount of money at Koeman because it was the only way he would come and then repeating that mistake with Silva would be criminal .

Last edited:

I think you're being too kind on Koeman there Dave, he's possibly done more damage to the club than any other manager before him, including Mike Walker.

I wouldn't say he was dismissed too early, but you have to question to what extent his hands were tied. I would say they were tied far more than Moyes and Martinez. I'd say Moshiris meddling (bringing in Walsh, trying to bring in unattainable targets like Witsel etc the previous summer which wasted a transfer window) has played a huge and possibly pivotal role in this ongoing crisis.
I dont know if any of that meddling was there. No one does.

I do know that, no matter what, the manager carries responsibility for results and the performances.

I think you're being too kind on Koeman there Dave, he's possibly done more damage to the club than any other manager before him, including Mike Walker.
I agree mate.

This past summer will go down in Everton folklore. It's the reverse Brock moment.

Years from now people will be talking about how Koeman sold Lukaku and then pursued another #10 to the bitter end spending our last £45M for him, and then the organisation collapsed under the weight of its own contradictions.

I dont know if any of that meddling was there. No one does.

I do know that, no matter what, the manager carries responsibility for results and the performances.
We don't know for sure. We do know that in the blazing row between Mosh, Kenwright and Koeman post Arsenal Koeman blamed Walsh in no uncertain terms.

And anyway it seems odd that you want to throw another massive wedge at a manager who we know absolutely nothing about. I'd say the main problem with Koeman was possibly motivation - he came here for the money and whose to say Silva would be any different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back