Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like the board just cba looking and just look at other clubs lower profile than us and go he will do. It's so unambitous mate beyond belief

Agree mate.

Just checked our next four Prem fixtures before the Derby.

Palace (A) - Southampton (A) - West Ham (H) - Huddersfield (H)

Four very winnable games, win them puts us comfortably in the top half before the 'Christmas Rush'. So looking for someone in NOVEMBER whilst we're 15th to 'get us safe' its utterly unambitious and embarrassing.

there's been a couple stories in Germany recently that Werder Bremen, who sacked their coach Alex Nouri last week are interested in talking to Tuchel. One issue they would have though is salary because Tuchel would command 3 to 4 million Euros a season. Teams that are not the top 4 or 5 in Germany cannot afford these sorts of salaries, so I would be surprised if this happened.

there's been a couple stories in Germany recently that Werder Bremen, who sacked their coach Alex Nouri last week are interested in talking to Tuchel. One issue they would have though is salary because Tuchel would command 3 to 4 million Euros a season. Teams that are not the top 4 or 5 in Germany cannot afford these sorts of salaries, so I would be surprised if this happened.

So you think we're not getting tuchel mate?

So you think we're not getting tuchel mate?

well no, I wasn't suggesting that, it was more to suggest that other teams are sniffing around so if Everton are interested they best get a move on!

But I honestly don't know, he hasn't really been saying much publicly since he went from Dortmund, so all the talk is more suggestion and the thoughts of the media and guess work as to what he wants to do next. The most obvious suggestion and probably the one with most truth is that he will want to see if Bayern are interested.

well no, I wasn't suggesting that, it was more to suggest that other teams are sniffing around so if Everton are interested they best get a move on!

But I honestly don't know, he hasn't really been saying much publicly since he went from Dortmund, so all the talk is more suggestion and the thoughts of the media and guess work as to what he wants to do next. The most obvious suggestion and probably the one with most truth is that he will want to see if Bayern are interested.

Oh I know that mate. But to me he's the only good one available! But if he's holding out for Bayern we've got no chance

Soak in the euphoria of today...

But it was still a mess and these days ain't going to happen all the time.

Still think it should be Big Sam.

The thing for me is that the league we play in has never had as much money thrown at it, Deloittes financial lay rank Everton as one the top 20 clubs in the world, we pay to be the manager of our club a salary that is allegedly in a bracket of one of the top 10 or so in the world. So, why are the leading candidates Sean Dyche or Sam Allardyche?

Surely we should be aiming higher? No offence to either, but for a club that has visions of being Top 6 or better, it appears we're content to take an appointment who will see success as 17th or above. That's not good enough. Of the two aid favour Dyche but worried there aren't better candidates who want to be involved.
Whoever the incoming manager is, it's a critical appointment and one who will have to make big decisions in agreeing a style of play, buying in key positions & losing a lot of deadwood. On the upside, I was pleasantly surprised to hear that Gerrard has ruled himself out of the running if he were approached. I know it's been tough but you couldn't make that one up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back