Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not completely against the idea of keeping Unsworth in charge for the time being, the names being mentioned are bang average, I prefer we wait till the end of the season and hire someone from a much bigger list of available managers compared to those who are available now.

With some of the players coming back soon from injuries, and January window not far away (I doubt they will give him huge amount of money to spend, but he can loan in players and can sell to buy at least).

We are out of Europe and out of the league cup, no chance we can qualify to Europe no matter who the man in charge is, as for the FA cup, while anything can happen in a cup competition, we can with it with a caretaker in charge the same way we can lose to a League 1 team with the best manager in charge.

Basically what i am trying to say is i prefer we keep Unsworth in charge till the end of the season and finish 12th and hire someone good over hiring an average manager for 3 year deal and finish the season in 8th position.

The short list;

Unsworth
Silva
Allerdyce
Dyche
Moyes

I wonder who will be the chosen one.
If Moyes is off to West Ham I would favour either keeping Unsworth in charge or Dyche. Silva is very unproven - he was relegated with Hull last year, and has been at Watford for literally a few months. If he did come and did well he would dump the club like a shot for the next step up the greasy pole.

Dyche has done well for a few years, and has Burnley punching above their weight. If he came and proved successful it would be nice to have a British coach in charge again.

Allderdyce seems to dodgy and teams tend to be left in a worse position when he quits, even if he keeps them in the PL, so I don't think it is worth paying Palace 2M for someone who will not be a long term solution.

I don't think Unsworth would help us finish above 12th and his tactics seem very naive .
I hope Unsworth stays at the club but not in his current job .
Still Dyche for me . I'll be gutted if it's Rhino or Sam . Gutted .

I don't think Rhino is learn enough, he can be assistant manager and learn from the new manager.

We seem to have no choice from bookies favorite, Dyche or Big Sam, but I would like Moyes back if only these two managers can be chosen.

Well it’s decision time. We can’t go in to the Palace game with Unsworth still as interim manager. Either appoint him permanently or appoint someone else.

Would think we’ll see an appointment this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back