Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which to me suggests it will be Silva as first choice Dave. Don't think we'd need to hurry Dyce up as he'd snap our hands off if we wanted him.

Not the one I'd have hoped for, but is a million miles more preferable than the other names being thrown around and has some really good positives going for him

The final clue for the Allardyce thing was all the connected Everton journo's running a story at the same time about how he is very much in the running today, that for me seems VERY weird timing if it was that close to release the information at this juncture
Again, I agree (and hope we're both right!).

The international break has been reached and the win yesterday allows the board to sit back a few days and really put together a package and sell it to Silva. The pressure has eased and we are in a more stable moment to persuade. Silva looks like a mercenary and I wouldn't see him having loyalty to anyone.

He must know, if offered, that events have conspired in recent months to land a massive opportunity in his lap. He wont get an Everton type club anytime soon. No elite club here will have him and we're easily the next best thing.

Which to me suggests it will be Silva as first choice Dave. Don't think we'd need to hurry Dyce up as he'd snap our hands off if we wanted him.

Not the one I'd have hoped for, but is a million miles more preferable than the other names being thrown around and has some really good positives going for him

The final clue for the Allardyce thing was all the connected Everton journo's running a story at the same time about how he is very much in the running today, that for me seems VERY weird timing if it was that close to release the information at this juncture

The thing with Sam is if was going to be done it makes no sense to wait any longer.

I suspect we are waiting on someone. Most likely Dyche, who in truth is far less likely to take the job than most people think. Deep down he must know he's likely onto a loser here longer term, and may understand his limitations.

Silva like you I have some quibbles on. I don't see too much difference between him and Dyche as catches. Silva is younger. I am not sure he has quite as much managerial experience and quality as people make out, but compared to other names he's a pretty good all round candidate.

I'm surprised they haven't considered Benitez.

The international break has been reached and the win yesterday allows the board to sit back a few days and really put together a package and sell it to Silva. The pressure has eased and we are in a more stable moment to persuade. Silva looks like a mercenary and I wouldn't see him having loyalty to anyone.

He must know, if offered, that events have conspired in recent months to land a massive opportunity in his lap. He wont get an Everton type club anytime soon. No elite club here will have him and we're easily the next best thing.

At the game yesterday when the crowd was bouncing I had a think about Silva's impression on us at that moment and if that wasn't the moment he became our manager then god knows what it would take.

I hope he was touched yesterday.

Back to reality, I think it will be hard for him to leave Watford now, he will have set goals he would want to achieve there and quite possibly he has an outside chance of getting them into Europe.

At the game yesterday when the crowd was bouncing I had a think about Silva's impression on us at that moment and if that wasn't the moment he became our manager then god knows what it would take.

Back to reality, I think it will be hard for him to leave Watford now, he will have set goals he would want to achieve there and quite possibly he has an outside chance of getting them into Europe.
It must have been impressive given the noise and celebrations. These people aren't robots. Yes, money talks and location is important, but they're also football people and if he compares that to the fervour and commitment at Watford then he'd find it hard to resist.

He wont get Watford into Europe imo. He'd have more chance of jumping in here right now and achieving it!

I'd quite happily have Silva at this point. He has flaws but the perfect manager simply isn't out there, at least given the timing.

We will have to "settle" at some point, and Silva seems like a more than decent solution.

I like the fact that he has done well, in relative terms, at more than one club and has experience of different football cultures and leagues.

Dyche cannot offer that and Allardyce will alienate 90% of the fanbase.

Silva is young, comes across well, and with a good brand of football. A lot to like there.

It's a stretch to get him though, and we may be back to the famed two-person short-list.

I would like Unsworth to have a role with him if he got it.

Silva i think is ambitious, plus with only being offered a 2 year deal at Watford initially and with their owners willingness to pull the trigger on managers who've done quite well for them with little reason except a perceived idea of upgrading etc then i don't see why if offered a 5 year deal, on much bigger money, with more investment - and lets face it the ability to shift on some players we bought needlessly for big money to add to that - why the Everton job wouldn't appeal.

Lets face it this is a bloke who took on the Hull job as a challenge - and one he nearly pulled off - which would have been an absolutely unbelievable feat to have done.

Saw his post match yesterday and if he was on the fence - his reaction to the crowd and the atmosphere - which he mentioned about three times contributed hugely to the result, could have just been the light bulb moment for him

I'd quite happily have Silva as this point. He has flaws but the perfect manager simply isn't out there, at least given the timing.

We will have to "settle" at some point, and Silva seems like a more than decent solution.

I like the fact that he has done well, in relative terms, at more than one club and has experience of different football cultures and leagues.

Dyche cannot offer that and Allardyce will alienate 90% of the fanbase.

Silva is young, comes across well, and with a good brand of football. A lot to like there.

It's a stretch to get him though, and we may be back to the famed two-person short-list.

I would like Unsworth to have a role with him if he got it.
Silva would allow us to carry on the long walk away from agricultural football.

He has big lads and quick lads in that team of his, but he has some good ideas about working the midfield.

The thing with Sam is if was going to be done it makes no sense to wait any longer.

I suspect we are waiting on someone. Most likely Dyche, who in truth is far less likely to take the job than most people think. Deep down he must know he's likely onto a loser here longer term, and may understand his limitations.

Silva like you I have some quibbles on. I don't see too much difference between him and Dyche as catches. Silva is younger. I am not sure he has quite as much managerial experience and quality as people make out, but compared to other names he's a pretty good all round candidate.

Ultimately their may not be much difference, but one plays football i like to watch and the other one plays football if given a choice i will never watch mate, that for me is a massive factor

Benitez probably would have been under consideration - but my guess anyway is Kenwright would be strongly against it, plus the rumours around Newcastle about a takeover will probably see him remain as he'd look an idiot if they do get bought out by Staveley etc and he has just left them

Silva i think is ambitious, plus with only being offered a 2 year deal at Watford initially and with their owners willingness to pull the trigger on managers who've done quite well for them with little reason except a perceived idea of upgrading etc then i don't see why if offered a 5 year deal, on much bigger money, with more investment - and lets face it the ability to shift on some players we bought needlessly for big money to add to that - why the Everton job wouldn't appeal.

Lets face it this is a bloke who took on the Hull job as a challenge - and one he nearly pulled off - which would have been an absolutely unbelievable feat to have done.

Saw his post match yesterday and if he was on the fence - his reaction to the crowd and the atmosphere - which he mentioned about three times contributed hugely to the result, could have just been the light bulb moment for him
Great point that mate. He cant help but see what you see.

If there's no club on the continent in contact with him and he's wanting to stay in England then I dont see a better opportunity for him.

Was a cracking atmosphere and would have made a huge impression on any manager thinking about it, esepcially one on the touchline mate.

As for Watford and Europe, i genuinely think any club outside the 'top 6' still has a shot at Europe, we for example are still only 8 points off 5th and 4 away from 8th as it stands.

Burnley sat in 7th will 100% tail of - like they did after a decent start last season also, Brighton, Hudds and Newcastle will all tail off as they just don't have the squads over a season regardless of the manager - which leaves Watford, who should he leave you'd have to fancy silva to think he can get above given the 27 games left

Silva would allow us to carry on the long walk away from agricultural football.

He has big lads and quick lads in that team of his, but he has some good ideas about working the midfield.
I'm of a mind to give Rhino a bit more time but wouldn't be averse to Silva .......Seems to have a way about him that's similar to Poch !

Right, I’ve decided I’m 100% in the Silva camp. Sort it out Usmanov! I mean Moshiri!!

Mods, please get this Portuguese prince on the list so I can change my vote!

I initially thought that Dyche would walk over hot coals to Goodison but I tend to agree with you here and am not so sure now. If this is correct though, it says an awful lot about us, and equally so, of him. I really don't want anyone on a short-term contract, or anyone who wasn't sufficiently enthused about the job. You can express concerns during negotiations, and I would welcome that from a candidate, but we really need someone to come in and embrace the job, and the club. Particularly after Koeman's off-hand approach. I don't think that suits us at all as a club.

It's probably unfair on Dyche, but I find him completely grey and uninspiring. On a good run at Burnley and deserves respect but essentially if he gets it its due to the fact that nobody else that we wanted, wanted the job.

Great point that mate. He cant help but see what you see.

If there's no club on the continent in contact with him and he's wanting to stay in England then I dont see a better opportunity for him.

He also immediately switched the question when asked about our interested in him straight back to ' we need to talk about the match' - rigth after the game - that is not the answer of a manager who isn't interested or hasn't been sounded out at least.

Somewhat bizarrely - I'd prefer us hiring a manager we just beat than one who just beat us, as the latter can show a knee jerk reaction to one particular result, the other shows that we didn't let an aberration cloud an important decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back