Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That means he's not coming interviewed on Sat nothing yet we can live in hope he is asking too much money!

In short, if we have a disagreement between who we want to hire, and all of Kenwright, Walsh and Moshiri have a person they prefer - then we will 100% interview each of them or approach about them, otherwise whoever choice doesn't get looked at will throw a stroppy fit

Ultimately though it's Moshiris call - and hopefully he sticks with it as the other twos preferences seem appalling

We need to appoint a manager for the long-term not a Big Sam type till the end of the season - This Jan transfer window could be one of the most important we have ever had in terms of ins and outs and to have a manager in that is only going to be there till the end of the season won't attract the types of players we require
Whose to say new manager comes in summer, doesn't fancy any of the Jan signings and the merry go-around starts again!!

My vote based on the persons available would be Dyche or Silva.... dont think Ancellotti, Hiddink would fancy it
Left field choice would be fonseca from shaktar.... they do play good football!

Sort of agree

The main thing - besides the fact he likes to play decent and attractive footy for me is looking at the two ex everton players he has worked with so far.

Niasse - regarded and rigthly so as an utter joke of a player until he turned up at Watford, and suddenly he improves and by quite a lot too.

Cleverley - one of the worst centre mids I've seen at the club in recent years, been a bit crap for basically 5-6 seasons running, turns up at Watford and Silva manages to get him playing really well

Now look at how many of our players are either out of form or who haven't adjusted to moving to the club, and if he gets only half of them improving by the amount he has those two then he's worth bringing in

The main thing - besides the fact he likes to play decent and attractive footy for me is looking at the two ex everton players he has worked with so far.

Niasse - regarded and rigthly so as an utter joke of a player until he turned up at Watford, and suddenly he improves and by quite a lot too.

Cleverley - one of the worst centre mids I've seen at the club in recent years, been a bit crap for basically 5-6 seasons running, turns up at Watford and Silva manages to get him playing really well

Now look at how many of our players are either out of form or who haven't adjusted to moving to the club, and if he gets only half of them improving by the amount he has those two then he's worth bringing in

????????????????????

Ah you mean Hull last season, got it

just reading BBC sports that Fat Sam did say on MOTD that he didn't think he'll be our manager

My take on it, he knows he won't get this job, BUT he reckons we will take another teams manager and so is getting his name back out there as available after his 'retirement' so he can snag whatever job becomes available - Watford for example?

Agreed.

He's there 'in the running' to force out a commitment from someone else.

Which to me suggests it will be Silva as first choice Dave. Don't think we'd need to hurry Dyce up as he'd snap our hands off if we wanted him.

Not the one I'd have hoped for, but is a million miles more preferable than the other names being thrown around and has some really good positives going for him

The final clue for the Allardyce thing was all the connected Everton journo's running a story at the same time about how he is very much in the running today, that for me seems VERY weird timing if it was that close to release the information at this juncture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.