• Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to be Dyche or Big Sam.

One has a cheap compensation clause and the other has none.

I just don't see this club being bold and going for a "name",with Bill around it will be a safe pair of hands.

I knew id seen Silva before

2f135_1306945469_man_v_food_0.jpg

Is it true Silva is on a one-year rolling contract?

Not sure what I make of that - either it means he is very ambitious or not committed to seeing a job through, or a mix of both.

Seems to be hedging his bets at Watford if correct.

Wouldn't be as difficult to buy his contract out on those terms but he would be landing Watford in it.

White on TalkSport saying Moshiri wants the next manager for 5 years. This might rule out Allardyce and Unsworth

Would perfectly tie in with the Silva claims - being the one Moshiri wants

Ensures that should a club do what we would be doing and poaching him early in his contract they'd have to pay us massive amounts of compensation etc

Not sure what I make of that - either it means he is very ambitious or not committed to seeing a job through, or a mix of both.

Wouldn't be as difficult to buy his contract out on those terms but he would be landing Watford in it.

Eh? Where's this come from?!

I seem to recall that from some where at the start of the season.

Two year contract mate, and the Pozzo's who own Watford seem to like firing managers on a whim every 1 or 2 years rega1rdless of performance - so probably kept his contract short to save on money if firing him.

Silva is their 9th manager since June 2012 when they took over, sacked their manager who gained automatic promotion at the end of the season, sacked the replacement after finishing mid table with a semi final fa cup appearance the next, etc etc

Two year contract mate, and the Pozzo's who own Watford seem to like firing managers on a whim every 1 or 2 years rega1rdless of performance - so probably kept his contract short to save on money if firing him.

Silva is their 9th manager since June 2012 when they took over, sacked their manager who gained automatic promotion at the end of the season, sacked the replacement after finishing mid table with a semi final fa cup appearance the next, etc etc

Thanks. Could well be a case of what goes around comes around for the Pozzos then.

Hearing a lot about Big Sam. Definitely not my first choice. He's a solid manager and may steady the ship but he's not the guy who's going to get us where we want to be. No long-term contracts for Sam, please. Honestly, if all we're looking for is someone to manage for the rest of the year, I'm fine with Unsworth. This 4 game trial without any preparation wasn't really a fair one and I would rather see him get a longer tryout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back