Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kind of hoping that they are being at least somewhat clever about this (I know I know - I'm hopelessly optimistic) and thinking that if things tick over with decent results for another month or so - then it might be a great time to tempt someone in December with the January transfer window around the corner.

Truth is there are not many good names out there right now, and whoever they approach will be a big financial commitment so it cant be for the short term. Going back to the vision of top 4 that Mosh clearly holds to, none of Dyche/unsworth/Sam are really the kinds of manager you would employ so investing in any of them would be self-defeating

....rumours linking Allardyce with the USA national team job this morning and the lack of activity on him coming here surely suggests it ain’t going to happen.

Similarly, had Unsworth made the right impression you’d have thought he’d have been officially appointed until the end of the season. It suggests to me that Allardyce isn’t in the frame and the Board are not convinced by Unsworth. That’s my logic.

The unknown is whether the Board are having any success in encouraging another manager to join us. The lack of leaks and rumour suggest we are not. If that is the case it looks like Unsworth simply because he’s the only candidate we have.

I like that we are not rushing into an appointment - Allardyce has been whoring himself for the job (despite retiring a few months ago), and if we had been in desperation mode he would probably already be here

Generally speaking, performances have improved slightly under Unsworth, even if the results hadn't done necessarily - given the paucity of realistic, palatable alternatives out there at the moment I think I'm happy for Unsworth to continue in the role until the summer (when presumably more candidates would be available) with the huge caveat that if we end up in the bottom three at some point, we go cap-in-hand to Allardyce, begging him to do the job until June

....rumours linking Allardyce with the USA national team job this morning and the lack of activity on him coming here surely suggests it ain’t going to happen.

Similarly, had Unsworth made the right impression you’d have thought he’d have been officially appointed until the end of the season. It suggests to me that Allardyce isn’t in the frame and the Board are not convinced by Unsworth. That’s my logic.

The unknown is whether the Board are having any success in encouraging another manager to join us. The lack of leaks and rumour suggest we are not. If that is the case it looks like Unsworth simply because he’s the only candidate we have.

Yep, I would imagine the next 2 games will seal it for Unsy, win/draw and he gets it until summer, lose and we panic.

Let's be honest we should be able to bone Palace without a manager or a keeper in fairness.

They did well against a Spurs team that absolutely hammered us and Zaha should certainly have scored . They beat Chelsea whilst unsworth got massive credit for valiantly losing against their reserves.

I hope we can build on the last 20 against Watford and that Palace continue to struggle but this is a massive game and don’t think it’ll be particularly easy .

They did well against a Spurs team that absolutely hammered us and Zaha should certainly have scored . They beat Chelsea whilst unsworth got massive credit for valiantly losing against their reserves.

I hope we can build on the last 20 against Watford and that Palace continue to struggle but this is a massive game and don’t think it’ll be particularly easy .
They've got some good attacking players in Zaha, Townsend & Benteke and Dann is a big threat from set pieces as we know! I'd be happy with a draw to be honest. I actually think the Southampton away game is the easier of the two. Then we've got 2 big home games against West Ham and Huddersfield. 6/7 points from those games would be a decent haul.

Koeman had a tough set of fixtures and so has Unsworth so far, but the next 4 games present - on paper - a very good chance of points.

Palace are improving but are desperate and under intense pressure, Southampton are struggling for goals and the fans want the new manager sacked already, West Ham are anchored in the bottom three, while Huddersfield, despite a better-than-expected start, look fragile away from home losing convincingly against the likes of Swansea & West Ham.

If Unsworth could get 7-9 points from these games........?

They've got some good attacking players in Zaha, Townsend & Benteke and Dann is a big threat from set pieces as we know! I'd be happy with a draw to be honest. I actually think the Southampton away game is the easier of the two. Then we've got 2 big home games against West Ham and Huddersfield. 6/7 points from those games would be a decent haul.

..agree, I think Palace will be very difficult. We need 3 wins before Christmas just to keep our heads above water and that won’t be easy regardless of opposition.

It's an away game. Automatically its difficult for Everton.

Conversely, if we did get a win, it would be a huge boost, and probably go a long way towards people being comfortable with Unsworth in the job for the foreseeable.

That said I don't see us getting more than a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back